• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus Christi, TX

steeleshark2

None
Whats the latest news on taking Corpus Christi out of the NFO training pipeline and keeping NFO's in Pensacola for that training?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, I heard that all NFO's (post API) are getting sent up to Newport for 3 months of SWO school followed by 7 months of NFO training at Newport State Airport. The transition should take place within about 4 months.

MasterBates

And then all NFO's must do a "pilot appreciation tour" and fly as -60B/F ATO's on all boring missions. Pilots still get the occasional Hellfire shoot..

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Whats the latest news on taking Corpus Christi out of the NFO training pipeline and keeping NFO's in Pensacola for that training?

Every other class selecting out of Primary is being sent to either Randolph or Jacksonville.

If you get Randolph (San Antonio), you leave after completion of Primary training. Do 6-8 months of training in TX, then get winged.

If you get Jacksonville (the "Test Group"), then you finish the INAV block (you could finish in 1-2 wks if you go on XC's. If not, 2-3 wks), go to Jax, finish the 6 wk Undergrad Maritime Flight Officer course (Advanced training), then wing. Pretty sweet huh?

Again, this is from sources at Jax. There's a group of us leaving in March for Jax. In the meantime, I guess I'm in D-pool or whatever u wanna call it. Good times.