• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corner Shot

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
Sweet gun!! Thanks for sharing the vid!! I remember as a kid having a nerf gun that did the same thing, I think they called it the Sneakshot!! Pretty impressive that someone came up with a real thing. How long before you think Hollywood makes it the centerpiece of one of their movies?? Didn't the Germans develope a curved barrel for their Stg44 to shoot around corners in World War 2 with?? I remember seeing pictures of it and always wondered how they would do it without the round blowing up in their faces!

SpiderUSMC

I saw that on the "Future Weapons" show on Discovery (Wed 10 pm EDT). It looked like the host was having a difficult time manipulating the turning mechinisim to get it back into normal mode.

It was an interesting weapon though. I wonder how it would change if they weren't using a handgun for the base weapon (at least that what I thought was happening).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
@Spider: I actually saw one of those MP44s at the Military museum in London when I was there a few years ago. I thought I took a pic, but apparently all I have is this one, which was right next to it.

Attachments

• MP44.small.JPG
    MP44.small.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 104

Lawman

None
Yeah its a great gun, so long as the intendid target is complacent (and/or Stupid) and doesnt notice somebody pointing some wierd gun resembling thing at him from around the corner of a building. Notice how the operators were never actually engaging a target. Believe me the last thing you want to do if your going somewhere where a bad guy might be 2 feet around the corner is put your weapon within grappling distance.

This is another one of those "Yeah and at what time are we ever really gonna need this?" kinda guns. Much like a lot of other guns in that catagory there may actually be a time and place where the weapon is the perfect tool but its so much not the perfect tool at other times and places that it makes no point for a group to actually have them let alone go into a fight using them as primarys or even backups.

Lawman

None
mserver said:
gotta love the music...

Im not going to lie, that gun is just weird.

Yes, it does have the toolish 80's commando movie vibe.

"The new Corner Shot, featured in films like Delta Force 4....."

T

TXHusker05

I really see no purpose for that gun, it is basically a screwed up Land Warrior system. Land Warrior actually has a purpose though, between the fancy computer gizmos, thermal/night vision/low light optics and the camera linked to the eye piece... what else do you need? Maybe a DVD of Saving Private Ryan playing through the eye piece for a little moto when clearing some village in a place ending in -stan.

Just seems like a waste and will lead to complacency from soldiers to rely on technology too much. They would get so used to using the camera that when it came time to use it and it didn't work, they'd freeze up. Marksmanship is still the name of the game, making the gun more like a video game doesn't help.

Still, a brilliant piece of engineering to get that designed.

jackrabbit

Would you really want to clear a room using only handguns?
I couldn't help but laugh when one guy took cover behind a donkey.

snort

Banned
Interesting weapon. I recently saw it featured on the Military channel and the guy was shooting targets with M-16 and 40 mm versions.