• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corneal Haze

I got PRK done 3 months ago and my vision in my right eye is awesome (20/10), but my left eye is hazy. My vision is 20/20, but its blurry at all distances, and it's been that way for the last 2.5 months. For the first week or so after the surgery I had 20/15 in my left eye, then I woke up one morning and it was really hazy. At the 1 month mark it was 20/50, and at the 2 month mark it was 20/30, and it hasn't improved in the last month. I definitely have some 'corneal haze,' but I wanted to know if any of you have had similar experiences, and if so, how long did it take to clear up?

kejo

pilot
I got my PRK done in the fall of 2003. My vision before was approx. 20/45 with slight astigmatism, though not bad, still needed the surgery to get the medical waiver. For about 3 months after the surgery, I had near 20/15 vision, it was awesome. Then I noticed my eyes started to strain more easily and the muscles would feel overworked. Ever since then I've had about 20/25 to 20/30 vision, depending on how tired I am, exposure to bright sunlight, squinting, etc.

I would give your eyes more time to settle down before you should start worrying. I can't remember what he said exactly but I think my doc said it can take over a year for them to finally stabilize. I don't get hazy vision or halos, I just don't think my eyes were fully corrected.

However, I'm still good to fly, I just have to wear glasses...pretty awesome

Ok, I just got my 3 month check up. The doctor said that some of the cells that heal back over the surface will be opaque, which causes the haze and blurriness. It's normal and the cells will regenerate clearer and smoother until I have really good vision. He said my left eye is healing at a normal rate, but it just seems really slow because my right eye was 20/15 after one week and 20/10 as of today (which is really out of the norm)... so my right eye is really good and my left eye is normal.