• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cooking decent, healthy and cheaply..

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
mb-standalone_r2_c1.jpg

You can make, eat, and clean up everything in under 10 seconds! That's right less than 10 seconds or your money back! :D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
"Pine nut, which is a nut, but it's also the name of a town. Pistachio nut. Red pistachio nut..."

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can also add walnuts, pecans or pine nuts. Nice change of pace from bottled tomato sauce for pasta.

I add sundried tomatoes, parm and crushed red pepper to mine. Don't forget the salt & pepper either. The stuff will literally keep in the fridge for a year.

Brett

Birdman

Sounds good Brett. That was the kind of stuff I was hoping for a little extra something to make it taste better. This thread is great. I'm making that chicken recipe from post 162 tonight, I'll tell you how that goes.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sounds good Brett. That was the kind of stuff I was hoping for a little extra something to make it taste better. This thread is great. I'm making that chicken recipe from post 162 tonight, I'll tell you how that goes.

Not only is it good in sauces or for pasta, but it kicks ass in eggs or veggie scrambles. It also makes an awesome addition to homemade pizza or even Boboli crusts.

I make mine in the Cuisinart, but you can do it in a blender as well.

Brett

phrogpilot73

MB, have you ever seen Spanglish? If so, I finally tried the recipe that was in the special features of the DVD. I highly recommend it, it's good. Here it is:

The World's Greatest Sandwich
(Late Night BLT Sandwich with Fried Egg & Cheese)
From “Spanglish” with Adam Sandler
Sandwich by Thomas Keller

● 3 to 4 slices thick bacon
● 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
● 2 slices Pain de Campagne (rustic country loaf), toasted
● 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
● 4 slices tomato
● 2 leaves butter lettuce
● 1 teaspoon butter
● 1 egg

Cook the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels and set aside.

Place the slices of cheese on one slice of the toasted bread and place in a toaster oven or under a broiler to melt the cheese.

Spread the other slice of toast with the mayonnaise, top with the cooked bacon, the sliced tomato, and the lettuce.

In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Fry the egg, turning over briefly when the bottom is set (keep the yolk runny!)

Slide the finished egg on top of the lettuce. Top with the other slice of toast, melted cheese side down. Place the sandwich on a plate and slice in half, letting the yolk run down the sandwich.

Makes one late night sandwich.

Another cheap, quick, and healthy one came from a cookbook that I have "cooking with three ingredients".

The three ingredients: Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast, Honey, Hot Sauce.

Mix up Honey & Hot Sauce to make a glaze. Glaze chicken and barbecue. Very tasty.

Achilles

That dog won't hunt, Monsignor!
pilot
Anyone have a good hamburger recipe/marinade? I'm looking to grill out on saturday and I'm looking for a good hamburger recipe.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Make some pretty decent sized patties then split them half. Add some mozzeralla or gouda and sun dried tomatos with oregano and basil.

And when you say hamburger, you do mean beef, right?

phrogpilot73

Take your meat, add a little bit of seasoned bread crumbs and a good helping of Merlot, or your favorite dark red wine. None of that cooking wine crap. Gotta mess with the amounts to get the right consistency - but If I was doing it, it'd probably be 1/4-1/2 cup of bread crumbs/wine per 1 1/2 pounds of beef. Add some garlic and/or pepper if you want. Form into patties. Grill, and right before they come off the grill smear some Boursin cheese spread on top and serve on a nice toasted Kaiser...