• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Compulsory Checks

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I have a feeling any responses here will be from the airline guys, but looking for any input on this.

Do other people get roped into doing these and signing them off when doing 135/121 post-Mx ops? If so, how does the process work for you. It's a bit of sticking point for some of the pilots I work with (notably, the Navy guys) as to how or even what it is exactly we're signing off and after hearing of a pilot getting written up (but apparently not fired) after missing something, it irritates me even more when having to do them.

The main issue is we're essentially doing a QA check, despite not having any applicable Mx training and no ATAF documentation. And what's the point of the ATP having a license if he's not held accountable for the work he's doing?

I feel a rant coming on, so I'll stop, but anyone care to share their thoughts?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No one, huh? I figured someone has had to do this on the 121 side.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I’m not a Maintenance Pilot. Not my job.

That's part of my question though. Does it happen for other maintenance that may occur when you're sitting at the gate?

I'm at the point now where I might hold my Compulsory Check hostage until the mechanic actually puts oil into the engines himself so we don't keep having to do it at the beginning of shift. But I digress...