• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Complacency.....isnt' good with guns either

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Complaceny" is not the term you're looking for; "stupidity" is. You'd think in 27 years of handling firearms, he'd have figured out the first rule of firearm safety... make that the first and second.

Av8or72Dan

I had a substitute teacher in high school who was missing a finger. Come to find out, he was previously a police officer and cleaned his gun while it was loaded.

Lawman

None
Two Words: Terry Kath

No matter how far you go to make the training idiot proof, there will always be a bigger idiot.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Av8or72Dan said:
I had a substitute teacher in high school who was missing a finger. Come to find out, he was previously a police officer and cleaned his gun while it was loaded.

One of the squirrely sim instructors in Corpus did the same thing while I was in Primary.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Same thing with a "private dick" who slithers about near where I live ... he is a complete idiot. Shot himself in the leg a few years back while "cleaning" a pistol.

"Professionals". I've trained some. They carry a badge and a gun, but some ain't "professional". One shot me in the leg during a combat course 10 years ago. Actually, just bullet fragments.

He didn't pass .... :) ... he got fired. Wish I could have "fired" him personally .....

There's so many idiots. And so little time ....

Av8or72Dan

I might clean a gun or two with a round in the chamber....but I'm not dumb enough to put my fingers at the end of the barrel at the same time... think people, think .... :icon_tong

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Av8or72Dan said:
I might clean a gun or two with a round in the chamber....but I'm not dumb

"Clean a gun or two with a round in the chanber .... " :confused:

Well, then ..... Idiot ..... look into the mirror .... and meet thyself. :eek:

Av8or72Dan

I know it wasn't that funny...but it was a joke none-the-less. :)

You should never clean a gun around a mirror. That's when accidents happen.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
i know how that goes. sometimes you just can't peel yourself away from that reflection. i mean, why would you want to?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
I had a near miss with a shotgun round (20 guage) when i was young (i think around middle school). I was shooting clay pigeons and was waiting for the next skeet to go flying. I had the shotgun pointed down (against shoulder) and something went wrong with the pigeon thrower and when I lowerd the gun, I put a little too much wait on the trigger and shot the ground about 8-10 inches away from my foot.

Lets just say I have had pretty good trigger control since then.

My dad was with me (he taught me well, i was just stupid...and young). We kept that one from mom.