• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

community questions

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Helo Bubbas...

I recieved a generic pipeline brief in API the other day and it made me quite confused about the community! I understand that eventually the helos are supposed to form into HSC and HSM(?), but my real questions are geared towards the next few years when I would actually be selecting Helos.

First off, what i DO know (or I think so....):
East Coast HSL is out of Mayport
East Coast HS is out of Jacksonville
East Coast HC/HSC is outof Norfolk

West Coast HS, HSL, and HSC are out of North Island, w/ the exception of Atsugi, Kanaohe, Guam????

But how do the RAGs worth into this? Is there a RAG for each type squadron on each coast? Our brief was a little fuzzy on this subject, and I'd just like to know more. Do you have to do a RAG on one coast, then have to move to the other for your fleet squadron (potentially)....is this that way it currently works?

Searches on this seem a big cloudy as well, and GlobalSecurity didn't help all that much!

Thanks!

Scamahmrd

Boiler Up!
pilot
I'm not an expert, but normally (in my very limited experience) they will send you to the FRS on the coast that you are going to be permently based at. There are always exceptions though. I'm heading to Hawaii, and they're sending me to the FRS in Mayport, and I have a friend that is going to Japan that is in the same boat. But normally, I think that they try to keep the moves to a minimum.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Thanks Scam, I'm assuming your info is based on the HSL community?

Circle K

pilot
-- HSL (anywhere that flys the 60B, Mayport, Hawaii, and Japan) is training in Mayport, like Scam said.
-- HSL West is officially HSM West now, and they have started training on the Romeo. San Diego squadrons will have the Romeo first.
-- HS only has one FRS, in San Diego, so if you select HS Jax, you'll go to San Diego first and then back to NAS Jax.
-- HSC has an FRS on both coasts (Guam goes west, obviously)
-- 53 FRS is in Norfolk only. And with Ingleside closing and the minesweepers moving, all the squadrons will likely be there too.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The plan I've heard is for HM-15 and all the east coast HS (soon to be HSC) squadrons to move up to Chambers in a few years.

Typically, you'd go to the rag on the same coast where you'll be permanently stationed, but there are exceptions to every rule.