• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS College Grad, Looking For Officer Programs

MaximumJ

Double bachelor in Biochem/Economics. I just took my ASTB, 72 8/6/8, no formal aviation training. Recruiter says I'm pretty much qualified for anything, except nuke because my physics grades in college were, uh, sub par. I had never really considered pilot before, but assuming my depth perception is okay, they're telling me it will absolutely be there for me.

I have kind of shitty credit from student loans, but I'm rehabbing. I have the feeling that might nix my security clearance for Intel, though.

Basically, what do you all think my best options would be? Other than navy.com is there anywhere you'd recommend that has a great deal of info regarding the duties and lifestyles of each community?

Thanks

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Double bachelor in Biochem/Economics. I just took my ASTB, 72 8/6/8, no formal aviation training. Recruiter says I'm pretty much qualified for anything, except nuke....
OAR/ASTB fine for SNA/SNFO.
What is your cum. GPA & at what Colleege/University?
...they're telling me it will absolutely be there for me.
When you hear that, be suspicious, there is no sure thing with selection boards
I have kind of shitty credit from student loans, but I'm rehabbing. I have the feeling that might nix my security clearance for Intel, though
You're right, personal finance/poor credit ratings could possibly be your biggest problem area for obtaining security clearances for different commumities. Complete status on your personal finances will have to be submitted and evaluated.:eek:

OBTW, Intel slots are very rare these days, and usually allotted to experienced prior or presently serving enlisted Intel personnel.:(
Basically, what do you all think my best options would be?
SNA or SNFO provided you are physically qualified (PQ), especially vision: depth perception & color vision.:)
Other than navy.com is there anywhere you'd recommend that has a great deal of info regarding the duties and lifestyles of each community?
The best community info available is right here on AirWarriors. Polish up your research skills here by using our fine SEARCH feature. Happy hunting!;)
604 Painting.jpg
BzB

Last edited:

MaximumJ

GPA 3.0 from the University of Miami. I slacked off Senior year because I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with my life and I was taking mostly electives (graduated '09), went back to UM for an MPH, underestimated the demands of grad school semester one, did poorly, but steady As since then. Didn't finish the MPH, too expensive.

exNavyOffRec

GPA 3.0 from the University of Miami. I slacked off Senior year because I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with my life and I was taking mostly electives (graduated '09), went back to UM for an MPH, underestimated the demands of grad school semester one, did poorly, but steady As since then. Didn't finish the MPH, too expensive.

I would say your best shot is Pilot or NFO considering your great ASTB, but I think anything else might be a longshot given your GPA

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

If you graduated in 2009 that would make you 26/27 at the very least. You might not be eligible due to exceeding or being very close to exceeding the max age to apply (assuming you're not prior enlisted).