• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Coast Guard DCIO (Direct Commission Intelligence Officer)

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Just spoke to my landlard about this and he confirmed that the Coast Guard are doing direct commissions at the rank of O-3 (himself included), but not just for Intel but billets similar to IP as well.
The USCG Intel-O's I know definitely more of a hybrid INTEL/CWO/IP.

bryanteagle6

I don’t disagree but I am pretty sure the IWC LDO program is gone or going away. No more 6835’s (Intel LDO) - I went to DCOIC with the last one.

We just had the LDO CWO brief this weekend. They dont seem to be going away, but are very undermanned. They wanted like 36 last year and got 17. Ill try and find the slides.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Have you thought about IST?

Also, if you want to do IP/cyber stuff, the USAF and AFCYBER do the most (and spend a lot).
Yeah, I've thought about the Interservice Transfer to the Air Force Reserve. I helped someone (A Reserve Intel officer who is atty on the day side) do this because Navy Reserve JAG, back when we did this, said he could not change designators to JAG unless he was previously an active duty JAG. The Air Force Reserve welcomed him with open arms. Process was pretty easy, but, he was an O3 at the time.

padre

Sorry to resurrect but, anyone know how these boards are looking right now? I'm putting in for Nov and I'm trying to get an idea of my chances. If they're good enough I'll probably not put in for the Navy Intel board this Oct, since this is my 1 chance at CG (Im going in with a dependent waiver and a TIS waiver and they made it clear they don't want to waive any more time). Even if they picked me up for this one I'd have to resign my spot in the ANG and be unemployed for a year while I wait to start, so that I'm still at 11ish years TIS when I start instead of 12.

AAS in Intel w/ a 3.86, BA in Arabic Lang & Culture with a 4.0, excellent PT, never been on a medical profile, never been in trouble, never had a performance report that wasn't maxed out, maxed out language scores in 3 languages, plenty of annual/quarterly awards. Letters of recommendation should be solid and I'm expecting a clean commissioning physical. No idea how the board process works.

Any insight would be appreciated.