• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNATRA Change of Command

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Helos, not gray jets, but many of my DHs and COs in the early 2000s sported 2000 and 3000 hour Sikorsky patches. The golden path then was the same as it is now- flying tours in the fleet, RAG, super JO, DH...

Even in the lean years of the post Cold War drawdown, I think there were more flight hours than there have been in these last few years, even if only just a little more.

Farva01

BKR
pilot
I have been in the cockpit since 2001 with 18 months out for my IA. I just passed 2400 hours in F-18's, and that is mainly because of my CVW-5 time. That being said, there is a guy in my air wing that is finishing up his DH tour and is wearing a 3000 hour hornet patch. He has been on cruise alot...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm normally not the biggest fan of our senior leadership's decisions as of late, or their general attitude. With that being said, RADM Dwyer was my CAG, and he was a pretty decent guy from what I recall. He flew with us pretty regularly, but not in an imposing "we are losing useful flight hours to this guy" sort of way. We also had a lot of them at the time, which was sort of strange in hindsight given what was happening to a lot of the fleet then (sequestration).