• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

robav8r

None
Contributor
Read the book. He didn't buy into any of that patriotism and sense of duty once he got into the military and realized it was all BS and PR stunt after PR Stunt.

And sadly, it ended up with him dead and to make matters worst the Army used it to play up a sense of duty and patriotism and used it as a PR campaign.

It was so bad- that because he was not religious- the investigating officer couldn't come to terms with it and tried to get out of it. Go read the book and report.

nodropinufaka

My fucking dentist did a stint on ETT. Now do everyone a favor and stop talking.
So that means you know how my deployment went?

Dakota Meyer received the Medal of Honor while with ETT 2-8 in Ganjgal.

So you going to go tell Dakota Meyer and that Embedded Training Team that got overrun that your dentist was on an ETT and make the same implication?

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I said it a long time ago and I'm more convinced than ever. This dude is a troll who will claim to have any experience that seems convenient to the stupid ass, uninformed point he wants to make. He'll say any half thought out thing that crosses his mind and then defend it until the day he dies no matter what evidence or facts are shown to him.

Don't feed the troll.

Perhaps he's just trying to boost his stats on AW, but as a bystander this is ridiculous.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@nodropinufaka Good job winding people up and diverting from the question I asked. You know Tillman does not fit your enlisted paradigm, and less the NFL career, there are thousands like him. His fate is irrelevant to the question asked.

nodropinufaka

@nodropinufaka Good job winding people up and diverting from the question I asked. You know Tillman does not fit your enlisted paradigm, and less the NFL career, there are thousands like him. His fate is irrelevant to the question asked.
I disagree. It’s absolutely relevant.

Enlisted members are far more expendable then officers especially in combat arms. Would an accident like that happen to the Platoon Leader?

If anything that incident with Tillman should display the levels of responsibility officers have with members under their command and how mistakes can end up killing them.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot

Enlisted members are far more expendable then officers especially in combat arms. Would an accident like that happen to the Platoon Leader?

If anything that incident with Tillman should display the levels of responsibility officers have with members under their command and how mistakes can end up killing them.
Dude, seriously? They are doing different jobs. That’s why there more grunts than platoon leaders. Clearly you never learned jack while enlisted or commissioned. I am really starting to doubt your background you claim. Is the manager of McDonald’s more or less likely to burn his finger in the fryer than the fry cooker?

nodropinufaka

Dude, seriously? They are doing different jobs. That’s why there more grunts than platoon leaders. Clearly you never learned jack while enlisted or commissioned. I am really starting to doubt your background you claim. Is the manager of McDonald’s more or less likely to burn his finger in the fryer than the fry cooker?
Yea of course they’re completely different jobs and that’s my point.

If you have the means to Commission then why go to a job where you’re more expendable and more dangerous

Treetop Flyer

pilot

The fact that you can’t understand how your irrelevant deflecting is irrelevant is proof that you’re literally incapable of offering a logical argument. This entire discussion on the fate of Tillman is the product of your irrelevant deflection.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you have the means to Commission then why go to a job where you’re more expendable and more dangerous
Ah...Almost there. Then why did Tillman go enlisted? Was he stupid?
Was he taken advantage of by the recruiter down at the mall? Did US Army ads unfairly target him? Why would he do such an illogical thing?

nodropinufaka

Ah...Almost there. Then why did Tillman go enlisted? Was he stupid?
Was he taken advantage of by the recruiter down at the mall? Did US Army ads unfairly target him? Why would he do such an illogical thing?
I guess only he could answer that.

if I had to guess is it was because he wanted to be an Army Ranger and the Army doesn’t let you choose your job as an Officer before

I already admitted I was wrong on recruiting unfairly targeting lower income folks a few pages back. You and the others convinced me it was a misguided view and likely from my own experiences but not really the case.

But I do stand by that if you have a degree you should become an officer and that enlisted are much more expendable then officers. Which is why what happened to Tillman prob wouldn’t have happened to him if he was an officer.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess only he could answer that.

if I had to guess is it was because he wanted to be an Army Ranger and the Army doesn’t let you choose your job as an Officer before

I already admitted I was wrong on recruiting unfairly targeting lower income folks a few pages back. You and the others convinced me it was a misguided view and likely from my own experiences but not really the case.

But I do stand by that if you have a degree you should become an officer and that enlisted are much more expendable then officers. Which is why what happened to Tillman prob wouldn’t have happened to him if he was an officer.
"Expendable" is a pejorative. Are combat arms Marines and soldiers, officer and enlisted, more expendable then Sailors and Airmen who operate nuclear reactors, load C-17s, crew missile silos, or fly planes? Is an infantry officer more expendable then a submarine officer?

taxi1

pilot
Is an infantry officer more expendable then a submarine officer?

tenor.gif