• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Civilian training prior to flight school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Coming from one of those jets that has a lot of crap hanging under the wings, I'll tell ya wing down/top rudder doesn't cut it. In heavy land we are restricted to 5 degrees AOB on touchdown/rollout, and our instructors/ACs get very scared anytime we exceeded 3 or more. I find staying in a crab all the way down final till about 10 feet over the deck then putting in rudder to decrab while using a little alieron to keep the wings level is much easier than wd/tr. Granted, I say this now with about 35 hours of 737/E-6 time and having never tried it in a T-34 or T-1, but I saw IPs do it in the T-1 so I know it works in that plane.

Rainman

pilot
word. As far as T45 and hornet landings (less than 15 knots) you don't even align to the runway. Just crab it all the way to touchdown (makes the LSO shack a little nervous sometimes). . .lol

Go get your hours and work your arse off. .

s/f

Status
Not open for further replies.