• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Choice between Flying Billets in Japan or Georgia...

MrSaturn

Contributor
I wasnt given a choice for a flight billet first, so call your detailer tomorrow ASAP before anything changes. Do Misawa, if you go to Georgia you could be on the watch floor for a bit and not flying.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flying billet in Georgia?! Methinks you would not spend much time there, Misawa isn't the greatest but is the better bet.

BeanFighter

pilot
Another vote for Misawa, rusty green pole street, Omaki (superb onsen / ofuro), close to Hokkaido. Wear a down jacket.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
I spoke to my detailer again, told him I wanted the misawa japan flying billet and he asked me why I was NPQed from aviation... At this point I'm thinking to myself " are u kiddng me..." and I told him I had a minor color vision deficiency. He said he would get back to me because that may be an issue. F#%^!!! I have a bad feeling about this. Shore duty in Hawaii may be my only option.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I spoke to my detailer again, told him I wanted the misawa japan flying billet and he asked me why I was NPQed from aviation... At this point I'm thinking to myself " are u kiddng me..." and I told him I had a minor color vision deficiency. He said he would get back to me because that may be an issue. F#%^!!! I have a bad feeling about this. Shore duty in Hawaii may be my only option.

I dont' see why color blindness would be an issue for your kind of flying billet. There was a guy who flew next to me who had been NPQ'd from flight school because of motion sickness, he got sick every flight. Why they put hima flying billet no one could figure out, not even him.

shotcalla10

I agree it shouldn't be an issue. Shore in Hawaii is still better than Georgia. But then my two cents.

Anyone know where I can find any official documents with the physical requirements? Or where I can start looking?

Yea I told the detailer I'll go Hawaii if I can't fly.

Goob83

None
DANG GEORGIA IS GOD's COUNTRY, golf is Great! FREE tickets toThe Masters and UGA football HELL YES Gerogia HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS.

did you find my two guys yet

CaliStyle

Hawaii has a very hi optempo. It's not pure shore duty in the traditional sense that you won't deploy. You will most likely get underway or go on IA.

SingDixieGoNavy

BeerMan
pilot
I am from Augusta, GA (home of fort gordon). Stay away. It has the masters golf tourney, and well thats about it. I dont know much about Japan, but Augusta doesnt have much. If you do end up there, Go to Teresa's Mexican Restaurant--quite tasty

GroundPounder

SingDixie,

If you like Tersea's you'd love Pablano's try it next time your back in town. KDNL has room for you to bring in a 60.

shotcalla10

MISAWA IT IS!!! detailer confirmed that color vision isn't a disqualifier. I am good to go. he tried to scare me that it's gonna be the most challenging first tour. getting like 3 quals or something, didn't really pay attention to wat he exactly said because I was too excited. anyway, thanks for all your input!!!