• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS China's CV is getting real.

jmcquate

Contributor
I have to admit, that's one hell of a conference table. I bet that they're required to use coasters.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Wake me when they crank out the autodog...

575208_1289168263960_full.jpg

GroundPounder

100% of what I know about carrier operations comes from reading, and documentries/movies . So with that caveat, it did not appear as if the did anything but replicate our carriers and add the British ski jump.

Am I even close, or do you see things from your perspective that are surprising?

jmcquate

Contributor
100% of what I know about carrier operations comes from reading, and documentries/movies . So with that caveat, it did not appear as if the did anything but replicate our carriers and add the British ski jump.

Am I even close, or do you see things from your perspective that are surprising?
It's a Russian/Soviet knock-off.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

It's not even a soviet knock-off. It's a soviet carrier that they bought. The knockoffs are their jets

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Wake me when they crank out the autodog...

It's been awhile since you've been underway, eh? We equally suck. I think I saw dog a dozen times in a nine month deployment. Hard pack was a bi-weekly welcome sight but went quickly.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Meh. Call me when they're doing sustained cyclic ops at night, 5000 NM from Chinese soil.

This may be a yawn for everyone not floating around 7th Fleet, but regular deployments of this boat are going to be an issue for those of us that do work in their back yards. Especially if they decide to shadow whatever CVN is operating in "their" waters.