• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances of BDCP as a Music Major??

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenmoose

I know that a person can have a degree in any field, but what be someone's chances with a music degree? I would have no problem switching my major if it would help my chances. However, I am an accomplished musician and enjoy playing. Would a degree in political science, finance, or economics be more useful and beneficial? I would have no problem majoring in any of these areas because I enjoy them all. Thanks for the help!

ScottHook

I imagine it depends on what field you intend to apply to. I wasn't BDCP, but I did major in Art History (equally useless to the Navy)and was accepted for NFO. Can you minor in something else or at least show an obvious attempt to take classes that would be of benefit?

Ann Merke

Hey I'm a Fine Arts: Painting major and I'm in process of studying for the ASTB. Your major doesn't matter. Its your dedication to being whatever you are wanting to be that matters.

kimphil

Originally posted by RedScotch
Hey I'm a Fine Arts: Painting major and I'm in process of studying for the ASTB. Your major doesn't matter. Its your dedication to being whatever you are wanting to be that matters.

I hope that works out. Otherwise, you can't have too many baristas!

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
Maybe I should spend less time working on bettering myself thru workouts and more time convincing everyone that either the Navy doesn't want them or they don't want the Navy. Hmmm. I guess if no one else applies then they would just HAVE to accept me (evil grin). Oh well I think it will be too many people to convince so back to the workouts.

It seems like they accept all majors into the Navy, so good luck.

Kobyra

howlermonkey

I was told Biology and Psychology weren't hard sciences so it held up my application process. That was a few years ago, though. They wanted me to at least have some physics and calculus background. They found out later that I was required to take those anyway. But I also know a graphic arts major who went to an art school and still got accepted. Now we're both in primary (NFO). Music shouldn't be too much of a problem if you have a good GPA. Taking a little physics would be a help. I don't think the calc has helped me much so far. I'm learning the same new things that astrophysics and aeronautical engineering majors are learning without a problem. Musicians tend to be pretty good at math anyway. (woo hoo!) Enjoy college and your major. You should still be able to do this just fine, and you will have more variety in your life.

A Soon-to be-Flying Band Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.