• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Cessna announces SkyCourier - FedEx signs up for 100

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Well, fixed gear rugged high volume twin turboprop (PT-6 x 2)....FedEx is enamoured to the tune of 100 on order.

Cessna-SkyCourier-lateral.jpg

http://cessna.txtav.com/en/turboprop/skycourier

https://www.flyingmag.com/cessna-launches-skycourier-utility-twin

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks like a Twin Otter. Plenty of them still around. Pick them up cheap, upgrade avionics, hot section the motor and put a cargo door on it. Wonder how the gross compares.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Looks like a Twin Otter. Plenty of them still around. Pick them up cheap, upgrade avionics, hot section the motor and put a cargo door on it. Wonder how the gross compares.
What I am reading about this aircraft is that it can load 3 cans which is huge. It always seems to take forever for them to load an ATR with loose freight.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

They are still made, a company called Viking Air in British Columbia that already made parts for them and other DHC aircraft restarted production of the DHC-6 in 2010 after acquiring the type certificates from Bombardier for all the discontinued de Havilland Canada designs from the DHC-1 to DHC-7. There is apparently a need for DHC-6's, they have sold at least 125 so far.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I think a new design, clean sheet airframe beats the pants off an old airplane. Granted you pay a fortune for new. My dream is to buy an old Caravan and haul for hire whatever comes my way and be rich enough not to have to worry about making a business plan work out :)

Fallonflyr

pilot
I think a new design, clean sheet airframe beats the pants off an old airplane. Granted you pay a fortune for new. My dream is to buy an old Caravan and haul for hire whatever comes my way and be rich enough not to have to worry about making a business plan work out :)
-they hide up in Telluride I hear it’s here to stay...