• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Caution to SNA/NFO prospects

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Torso height is a big one. They're keen on your head not breaking the canopy first in the T-45.

Igloojam

pilot
My height is 5,5 and getting scared now that I would be too short to be an SNA/NFO?

Then go measure yourself. There is Navy publications on how to do this. Get your recruiter to do it. I know pilots who are as tall as you. One is shorter at 5'3".

Michael George

Then go measure yourself. There is Navy publications on how to do this. Get your recruiter to do it. I know pilots who are as tall as you. One is shorter at 5'3".
i did the measurement, and im borderline passing on all the measurements literally tenths of inch on some of them. if the doctor measures it a little differently I would not pass. If im barely off by less than half an inch would i still get in? Man I wish I was taller.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
i did the measurement, and im borderline passing on all the measurements literally tenths of inch on some of them. if the doctor measures it a little differently I would not pass. If im barely off by less than half an inch would i still get in? Man I wish I was taller.

You know what? DONT apply. It's looking obvious here that you're not ready to apply or join the ranks.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Torso height is a big one. They're keen on your head not breaking the canopy first in the T-45.

yeah, at 5'10" (not tall by any means), I was within a half inch or so from being DQ'd from EA-6B's based on my sitting height/torso length. Meanwhile multiple 6'+ friends had no such concerns.

gsalg

My butt to knee length is about 20 in if not right under it which is code 0 or less, would this disqualify me from being an NFO period from all aircraft? All my other measurements are code 5 or 6 like sitting height and reach, so i should be good on those but my BKL, as an NFO, it didn't say "exclude" on the page for BKL measurements so I'm confused. I don't want to get to NAMI and be told I gotta go SWO and I just wasted my time at OCS

Igloojam

pilot
Only time will tell.
Bro. Passing is passing even if by 1/10th of an inch. If you want to do something then do it. In the end you will not know if your qualified until you apply and go through the process. ITS FREE TO APPLY

My butt to knee length is about 20 in if not right under it which is code 0 or less, would this disqualify me from being an NFO period from all aircraft? All my other measurements are code 5 or 6 like sitting height and reach, so i should be good on those but my BKL, as an NFO, it didn't say "exclude" on the page for BKL measurements so I'm confused. I don't want to get to NAMI and be told I gotta go SWO and I just wasted my time at OCS
With all due respect, you won't know until you go to MEPs or a recruiter measure you. Also... Where there is a will there is a waiver. So if youre a nut hair away from making the height requirement then they may qualify you. You don't know. Also, OCS isn't an experience that is a waste of time. 1) You challenge yourself and grow 2) You decide if the military is for you or not... Looking at experiences as a "waste of time" causes you to resent, regret, and develop a bad attitude. Lastly, you are given the option to separate at OCS if DQed from aviation.

I am 5"9', anything wrong with my height?
What are you talking about? You're 5'9" and you're about to be 6 ft? What are you 14? No there is nothing wrong with being 5'9" or 6 ft. Several pilots are these heights. I am 5'9" and fully qualed.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What are you talking about? You're 5'9" and you're about to be 6 ft? What are you 14? No there is nothing wrong with being 5'9" or 6 ft. Several pilots are these heights. I am 5'9" and fully qualed.

It was a joke, take another look at how he wrote his height.