• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Caution to SNA/NFO prospects

SWOMan

So I have been searching around for any current information regarding my situation but I can't seem to find any.

I had childhood ADHD and went through hell in MEPS only to find out I didn't need a waiver and was selected for SNA. According to med.navy.mil I will need a waiver to fly. With the high acceptance rates it sounds like they aren't looking for reasons to keep people around. Has anyone gotten a waiver recently for this sort of thing. Searching through the forums I know that nittany03 got a waiver for ADHD but I'm not sure how long ago that was.

I'm trying to plan for the future and any information would be greatly appreciated.
i actually wonder if they might do the same thing. I had to get a waiver for using an anti depressant for a short period when I was 16. If they are cutting like crazy, it might be the deciding factor.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I don't need surgery, but my eyes have changed a little since I went through MEPS. I still meet the standards for SNA but its close.

Lubricating drops dude, seriously. I notice my vision definitely degrades sometimes as well, especially late at night, when I'm tired, after I'm on a plane, etc. If I'm good about keeping them hydrated then I have no issues.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
I'm late to this thread but I can confirm that NAMI wacked a very high amount of people around the 02-16 time frame. My class had only 2 out of 10 SNFO get their NAMI approval. We were lucky being so early in the fiscal year because we all got redesignated something other then SWO. I got supply but there were Intel too.

Sooners2812

Lubricating drops dude, seriously. I notice my vision definitely degrades sometimes as well, especially late at night, when I'm tired, after I'm on a plane, etc. If I'm good about keeping them hydrated then I have no issues.

Cool. Thanks for the heads up Hopeful Hoy- I'll definitely give it a shot!

SWOMan

RIP to me.... brb big bodied, wide hipped, long armed, long legged, long torso 6 foot 5 ( 6 foot 4.5... right on the cusp)..... pretty sure I'll be lining up with SWO or supply papers when this is all said and done if anthropometry is that big of an issue.

exNavyOffRec

RIP to me.... brb big bodied, wide hipped, long armed, long legged, long torso 6 foot 5 ( 6 foot 4.5... right on the cusp)..... pretty sure I'll be lining up with SWO or supply papers when this is all said and done if anthropometry is that big of an issue.

you don't know, one of the guys I put in was about your height big shoulders, just big guy, but really fit, he flies super hornets right now

exNavyOffRec

glad to hear it. How does someone who is smaller not get it, but the big guy does?

There are several measurements that factor in, the NRD's used to do a preliminary one, not to determine aircraft type, but to show that the person would have a good shot at fitting in SOME type of aircraft, we had this weird contraption to use for the measurements, I measured a lot of guys and I NEVER had one get redesignated due to not meeting measurements. I do know some NRD's just used a tape measure and didn't follow the instructions.

SWOMan

yeah my measurements were taken... not sure how accurate the guys were. lol they also wrote down a lower bodyfat than I was considered at the time. ( ironically at 25 lbs down I had become worse on the neck waist test) now its not even close to a problem. I'm actually at a qualifying weight 50 lbs down from start. Would suck to get all the way there just to find out " your legs 1 inch too long" Hell I'll scrunch down half an inch if I have too lol. Slouch a bit.

Splonk

glad to hear it. How does someone who is smaller not get it, but the big guy does?
The one I saw and heard of the most was shorter people having t-rex arms, but I do know of one person that got dq for long legs. I wouldn't worry about it too much if they measured you already.