• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier Onboard Delivery/Transport/VRC Platform Outlook 2019 Onward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
To all COD pilots out there (retired or currently serving within the C-2 Greyhound community), does anybody have the gouge as of late in relation to VRC squadrons transitioning to the V-22 Osprey?

I am putting in my OCS package for either Pilot/NFO and can’t help but look into the carrier transport community (should I be given the chance to go for the Pilot option). So, I’m just wondering about a few things:

1. Prior to assignment to a VRC squadron, would prospective V-22 pilots still undergo Advanced Strike Training at NAS Meridian/Kingsville for the T-45 Goshawk trainer jet? Or, would they have to go through Advanced Helo Training (TH-57 Ranger) at Whiting Field? Just a thought since the Osprey’s systems are somewhat similar to the Marines’ AV-8B Harrier II (i.e. V/STOL).

2. I know that the Fleet has the Airborne Command & Control and Logistics Weapons School (ACCLWS) for Hawkeye and Greyhound flyers. But, given the chance, would Navy Osprey pilots be able to attend other enhanced tactics training such as the Marines’ MAWTS-1 course at MCAS Yuma?

3. I’ve seen Green-Side Osprey pilots deploy aboard Amphibs. But, would Blue-Side Osprey drivers be able to deploy aboard other ships as well (e.g. destroyers, cruisers, etc.)?

Any response would be appreciated, as always.

P.S. From what I could see, being a VRC pilot could be one of the best flight billets in the Fleet since the community is highly regarded as some kind of “At-Sea Airlines.”

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot
To all COD pilots out there (retired or currently serving within the C-2 Greyhound community), does anybody have the gouge as of late in relation to VRC squadrons transitioning to the V-22 Osprey?

I am putting in my OCS package for either Pilot/NFO and can’t help but look into the carrier transport community (should I be given the chance to go for the Pilot option). So, I’m just wondering about a few things:

1. Prior to assignment to a VRC squadron, would prospective V-22 pilots still undergo Advanced Strike Training at NAS Meridian/Kingsville for the T-45 Goshawk trainer jet? Or, would they have to go through Advanced Helo Training (TH-57 Ranger) at Whiting Field? Just a thought since the Osprey’s systems are somewhat similar to the Marines’ AV-8B Harrier II (i.e. V/STOL).

2. I know that the Fleet has the Airborne Command & Control and Logistics Weapons School (ACCLWS) for Hawkeye and Greyhound flyers. But, given the chance, would Navy Osprey pilots be able to attend other enhanced tactics training such as the Marines’ MAWTS-1 course at MCAS Yuma?

3. I’ve seen Green-Side Osprey pilots deploy aboard Amphibs. But, would Blue-Side Osprey drivers be able to deploy aboard other ships as well (e.g. destroyers, cruisers, etc.)?

Any response would be appreciated, as always.

P.S. From what I could see, being a VRC pilot could be one of the best flight billets in the Fleet since the community is highly regarded as some kind of “At-Sea Airlines.”
I seriously doubt the Osprey pipeline would involve T-45’s for the Navy. It doesn’t for the Marines.

The only thing the V-22 has in common with AV-8B is the bullshit powered lift category in the eyes of the FAA. Their “systems” aren’t similar in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.