• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CAPT Robert P. Rice

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
Saw this in my local newspaper yesterday, passed away in November, thought some of the more mature members might have known him...

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?pid=173372041

I had the opportunity to meet and talk with him several times while he was serving as docent at the National Air and Space Museum.

An excerpt:

"Bob was a career Naval Jet Pilot who retired as Captain after 27 years which included five tours of duty in Vietnam, the last one as Commanding Officer of VF-111, flying the world famous F4B attack jet aircraft aboard the USS Coral Sea (CVA-43)."

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had the honor of serving as a CAG-9 mate of Bob's at Alameda/USS RANGER from 1958-'62 when he was in VF-91 in early model F-8 Crusader! Both LTjgs at the time, we made several Wpns Dets to Fallon, and the '60 Westpac on Ranger. You will be missed ..... RIP Silver Fox!:(
BzB