• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CAPT (ret) Rosemary Mariner

Rockriver

pilot
While I did not know her well, I did report to LCDR Mariner for several months while she was doing a DH tour down in Kingsville in "85. I flew with her once, serving as IP on an OCF IUT flight (always fun for those folks who weren't spinning jets on a regular basis).

I recall seeing her years later on Nightline or some program similar to that. When asked about how her male peers regarded female naval aviators, CAPT Mariner replied that 10 percent fought against you, 10 percent went out of their way to give you every advantage, and the rest didn't care about your gender as long as you did your job.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In a bit of linguistic irony, it will be a "missing man formation" in multiple ways. :)

Good to see.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wouldn’t it be more fitting to simply choose Naval Aviators to do her flyover instead of choosing by sex?
FALZbjE.png