• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN CANREC and Redesignation

pascol1

I am applying to get orders for recruiting in whichever district will take me. I learned that I can also change my designator from 1105 General URL Nonwarfare Qualified to a different one. However, I cannot go URL again. Has anyone ever heard of a waiver for that or some way around that issue? If I did go restricted, can I go back URL by doing a lateral transfer?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you already a commissioned officer? The 1105 thing makes it sounds like you're a SWO who failed to qualify.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Are you already a commissioned officer? The 1105 thing makes it sounds like you're a SWO who failed to qualify.

That's exactly what it is. I also believe Sub-Nuke attrites from Nuke School get the same desig too.

I am applying to get orders for recruiting in whichever district will take me. I learned that I can also change my designator from 1105 General URL Nonwarfare Qualified to a different one. However, I cannot go URL again. Has anyone ever heard of a waiver for that or some way around that issue? If I did go restricted, can I go back URL by doing a lateral transfer?

It's possible, though most 1105's I've interviewed at my NRD had FITREPs with 2.0's because they were non-qual'd or other issues. That 2.0 nails the coffin for being eligible to apply. You can call around the NRDs to see if there's availability, but be ready to be an officer recruiter in an area like Sioux Falls, South Dakota if offered the chance.

exNavyOffRec

That's exactly what it is. I also believe Sub-Nuke attrites from Nuke School get the same desig too.

It's possible, though most 1105's I've interviewed at my NRD had FITREPs with 2.0's because they were non-qual'd or other issues. That 2.0 nails the coffin for being eligible to apply. You can call around the NRDs to see if there's availability, but be ready to be an officer recruiter in an area like Sioux Falls, South Dakota if offered the chance.

My NRD had a CANREC that was a SWO non attainment (I think that is the right term) but that was only after they had a few years of drilling and had a stellar record at the reserve unit