• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can you apply to multiple programs at one time?

Can you apply to multiple programs at once? In my situation, I would like to apply to CEC and SWO. Is that frowned upon by the individual boards or is it no problem? Thanks

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Generally, you can. No prohibition. More recent recruiters may offer a recommendation on your stated plan. I think I have heard SWO really doesn't like being a second choice. And CEC is a different animal.

Generally, you can. No prohibition. More recent recruiters may offer a recommendation on your stated plan. I think I have heard SWO really doesn't like being a second choice. And CEC is a different animal.
Thanks for the response. I have a civil engineering degree and would put CEC first but honestly I'm open to either one. I just want to receive my commission and serve, I believe I'm more than capable of excelling in both programs. Thanks again wink

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
... I just want to receive my commission and serve, I believe I'm more than capable of excelling in both programs...
That is the key. Good luck! Watch this thread. A couple other guys will give you more current advice.

I haven't been to a recruiter yet. I am caught up with work right now but as soon as it slows down a bit I will go talk. I have applied to CEC once before (over a year ago, straight out of school with little experience and no EIT) and didn't get accepted. Since then I have gained over a year of experience in the civil engineering field, actually working on a job at an NAS, and gained my EIT.

I just figured I would ask on here first just to have an idea.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
That is the key. Good luck! Watch this thread. A couple other guys will give you more current advice.

I've realized over the years that folks on here need to think for themselves and to use the resources around them. They are in fact potential commissioned officers. Otherwise, my inbox starts to explode and all of a sudden I become their recruiter answering all sorts of "gimme" questions.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've realized over the years that folks on here need to think for themselves and to use the resources around them. They are in fact potential commissioned officers. Otherwise, my inbox starts to explode and all of a sudden I become their recruiter answering all sorts of "gimme" questions.
Understand. I was the original, and only AW recruiter for many years.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I haven't been to a recruiter yet. I am caught up with work right now but as soon as it slows down a bit I will go talk. I have applied to CEC once before (over a year ago, straight out of school with little experience and no EIT) and didn't get accepted. Since then I have gained over a year of experience in the civil engineering field, actually working on a job at an NAS, and gained my EIT.

I just figured I would ask on here first just to have an idea.

The answer is yes. With that out of the way get in touch with a local OR and start to work on your reconsideration package. Write down any other questions or concerns you might have and bring it to him/her when you meet up for the first time.