• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

C-130 down low

GroundPounder

This info is 30 years old, but seems like things have not changed with our Saudi friends. We had three in my Infantry Officer Basic Course and they were the most amazing examples of what not to be.

They would not, and I mean would not, do any running. When we formed up for a company run, it was always in our housing area. After about 100 yards, when we turned on to the road, they would peel off and go to the Q. It was easy to see, as they would not wear PT gar either. They wore their Khaki uniforms all the time. All three wore their pants about 4 inches too long, and the back of their pants had little half moons where they had walked over the pants so much that they wore them into little crescent shapes.

It was always amazing, as they each had probably at the time, $25,000 watches on. I always figured that if you could afford that, you could afford a tailor, but guess not.

We also had a few Jordanians which were hit or miss. There were some that could hang with the best of them, and a few that did nothing.

The best exchange guy we had was from Togo, he was about 5 feet tall and was a stand out in every category. He was probably in the top 10 of my class of almost 300.