• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Brunswick P-3 Squadrons??

Navyfan06

pilot
Hi just curious what will happen to the P-3s up in Maine? As I understand the base is on the BRAC list but what wondering where the squadrons will move to? Did a search with limited results.

Thanks,

Navyfan06

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi just curious what will happen to the P-3s up in Maine? As I understand the base is on the BRAC list but what wondering where the squadrons will move to? Did a search with limited results.

Thanks,

Navyfan06

Jacksonville is a building a new hangar to accommodate the Brunswick squadrons.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
All of the VP squadrons will eventually migrate to the MMA hangar. The new facility will house/support 30+ aircraft. I'll post some pics of the new hangar, lot's of framing I-beams going up right now.

Navyfan06

pilot
So what would be the breakdown in squadrons, how many in Jax, Widbey and Hawaii? Thanks for the info.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
All of the VP squadrons will eventually migrate to the MMA hangar. The new facility will house/support 30+ aircraft. I'll post some pics of the new hangar, lot's of framing I-beams going up right now.

So what happens to the hangar the fleet squadrons are in?

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
It's in poor shape and full of hazmat. Sometime after the new hangar is complete, it will be razed.

dustydog

pilot
In fantastic Navy logic, they are currently renovating Hanger 1000 only to tear it down in the near future.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
So what happens to the hangar the fleet squadrons are in?

I beleive this is public (Congresssional law) knowledge.... all 3 Brunswick P-3 squadrons will relocate to NAS Jax. The planned breakdown for MMA is 5 squadrons +RAG in JAX, 7 in Whidbey.

BourneID

pilot
Yes, I have seen a presentation where VP-5 would eventually move to Whidbey after it is outfitted with the P-8. Pretty far off from now, but at least that is what they are planning.

BourneID

pilot
I haven't heard much about that, and Id be willing to bet those that know anything about it won't say to much.