• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Browser keeps crashing

JTB7

Firefox keeps crashing whenever I go to this thread. I try to access it again and I click play on one of the many videos and it just crashes again. :confused:Every other thread works fine and firefox almost never crashes.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
It works fine on version 3, it's also good on IE7. Maybe you need to check your plug-ins for updates?

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Your link worked ok on mine, but my Firefox has been acting up a lot quite recently. I have 2.0.0.16 for the mac, and if it has been open for a while (I don't shut down all that much, just put it into sleep mode when I close the lid), links in general (and even my bookmark bar) will not function. All the status bar says at the bottom is Done after I click on a link, but no routing takes place.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Your link worked ok on mine, but my Firefox has been acting up a lot quite recently. I have 2.0.0.16 for the mac, and if it has been open for a while (I don't shut down all that much, just put it into sleep mode when I close the lid), links in general (and even my bookmark bar) will not function. All the status bar says at the bottom is Done after I click on a link, but no routing takes place.

I'd really recommend updating to version 3 on the Mac. It's much more stable and speedy than 2 was, even after sleeping your machine all the time.

nugget61

pilot
Firefox has a known stability issue when too much of the cache is given to flash files. You can try to clean your browser out, but once you have the problem the easiest way to get rid of it is a clean install of firefox... I've had the same problem before, same solution.

JTB7

I upgraded to firefox 3 the day or two after it came out. I am running Linux if that makes any difference(I dont think it should) I think Nugget is right, I will try re-installing it later.

Edit: I re-installed it and crashes more than before. :mad: I opened it in Konqueror[I.E. of linux and ran fine, but doesnt have flash support(so I cant watch the videos and shows all the adds :) ] Also, youtube and all of the other video sites I can think of work fine.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Check your kernel. Make sure you have the latest version, and then reinstall Firefox. I've never used Konqueror... just Suse and RedHat, so I don't know how robust a platform it is. I had some issues when I used first started using AW (with Suse), and a quick kernel update and FF reinstall solved it all.

Cheers,
Bubba

JTB7

Check your kernel. Make sure you have the latest version, and then reinstall Firefox. I've never used Konqueror... just Suse and RedHat, so I don't know how robust a platform it is. I had some issues when I used first started using AW (with Suse), and a quick kernel update and FF reinstall solved it all.

Cheers,
Bubba

Konqueror is a web/file manager in OpenSuse 10.3 lol I boot back into vista and the thread works fine. Suse updates automatically, so I should have had that kernal update already, right?