• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Brown Bagger Housing

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have been sitting in this billet for almost 3 months with 3 more to go. I'm moving with my wife to the Camp Barrett area end of March to pick up with Charlie (and subsequently Mike). Luckily, since I am in a fleet post B-Billet job, I will get PCS orders with travel, proceed, and TMO. Work has been crazy and I've put off looking into housing. Here's the biggest issue:
My wife doesn't have her driver's license so we need to be near a daycare and some stores since I may not make it home every night. I've looked into Sky Terrace and they are kinda close, but no word on lease limites. Stone Gate apartments seem to be the best bet right now, but they have yet to reply. Any tips, ideas, advice for my situation would be greatly appreciated.
Kill.

jdnew

Hey, I'm living in Villages of Aquia. (at least till in the morning, pcola bound) There is a Grocery store, daycare, post office, within short walking distance all in the same little shopping center. Rent is way too high, but it is anywhere in this area. Good luck finding someplace.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
The place I'm in is going on the market next week, but we won't be out until the end of January. There's a really nice daycare at the end of the street and Wal-Mart, Giant(groceries), and Shoppers(groceries) are very close. It's a 3 bed/ 2.5 bath townhouse about 3 miles from the gate of Barrett and it's way better than an apartment.

Yes, rent is way higher in Northern Va. than in any area I've seen (but hey, I'm from the south) but it is still covered easily by the BAH.

PM me if you're interested so I can get you in touch with the landlord.

BTW, if you can get into C Co, you'll have an awesome staff.

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
The way thins are going, it seems that the Stonegate Apartments off of Mine Rd. are the best bet. The rent seems fine and the fews reviews I've read make it seem sound. The day care at the end of the street happens to be the same company my sister in law works for. If anyone has stayed at Stonegate in the past year, please let me know how it is before I fill out the app. Has anyone ever heard of not getting approved becasue of poor credit (old medical bills)?