• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Books about being a SWO?

tcc8988

Looking for a personal recommendation from people on this forum. I've read some grand strategy books but I'm looking for personal accounts/narratives about being a modern junior SWO. Or anything close to that really.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Scorpion in the Sea is one of my favorite novels and I think pretty accurately depicts SWO life, even though it’s a bit dated (Qaddafi as the bad guy and the “brand new, state of the art Spruance class,” for example).

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
and these mighty tomes::

watchofficers15.jpg
Division%20Officer's%20Guide,%2011th%20ed.jpg

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Here are some slightly more modern reads...
C10044C3-AE73-4522-A3F4-4D64501CAA7D.jpeg This one is a bit pedantic, but interesting.

F27B24D3-866B-42B6-94A1-533E37460973.jpeg Isn’t this on some required reading list?

8C8B82BE-FC02-40DD-A262-3D7CE5C4BAED.jpeg Not to bad.

3D9EB071-62DE-4F68-B55E-E95D474D7CAA.jpeg The best among the whole lot.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Oh...if you are interested in some fiction try this.

D97B47CB-0273-44C1-BCDB-F5307E09983A.jpeg

Pags

N/A
pilot
“Inside the danger zone” is about the Persian Gulf?!?! I call bullshit and #fakenews. We all know the danger zone is somewhere in the Indian Ocean (present day).

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
“Inside the danger zone” is about the Persian Gulf?!?! I call bullshit and #fakenews. We all know the danger zone is somewhere in the Indian Ocean (present day).
That was the old “danger zone.” I think the new one is much closer to an online SAPR course.

azguy

None
I'll second "Danger Zone" actually a good read about the last time SWOs were in a real war. Also, "Destroyer Captain" by Stavridis.