• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bond Fights to Keep F-15 in Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviator4000

Also keep in mind the more F/A-22's that are bought, they cheaper per plane they become. Because the amount of 22's that were supposed to be bought were sliced and diced the amount per plane has sky rocketed.
My two cents is yea the 15's are great planes today. What about a decade from now? There is no telling what geopolitics and the war on terrorism will look like then. There are many countries in the world trying to update there military's to catch up to us. France and Russia keep developing weapons and not just any weapons, weapons designed to beat U.S. made weapons. They are not are allies, nor do they care who they sell these weapons too.
We as a country (our politicians) are causing us to become the heavyweight champion who feels he can whip everyone so he slacks off in the gym. Finally when he gets a challenge (the U.S. facing a conflict) and gets in the ring HE gets whipped. My main point being is that every other country that is capable of beinga world power is upgrading there military and we are just staying the same (and if Kerry gets in making draconian cuts) we will not be the superpower in the world for long.
Also what good are 1,600 Air Force JSF's if S-37, MiG 1.42, and SU-37's take them out of the sky like they were in a turkey shoot?

Clux4

Banned
Do you really think Kerry is going to slash down military spending. Definitely not, it is all politics, he is saying this to get into office. Every sensible human being knows that U.S has to be up and moving. Those top brasses at Pentagon will not let him do otherwise. I hope the democrats are giving him their votes because defense spending is definitely not going to go down. As a matter of fact the other day, he said he was going to upgrade the force structure to accomodate more troops. That is just by the side.

If the 22's are taking the spot of the 15's, then what would be the JSF's role in the Airforce inventory. From what i understand, the 16's are still good to go for another couple years. But like somebody said, i think they are just looking at the bigger picture.

Clux4

Banned
I heard they just beefed up some of the radar packages and some other stuff on the 16's so, i am guessing they will be in for another 10 at least until the JSF's reach the squadrons.

The Airforce is getting its budget spent in so many areas. They have the C-130's they are working on, the F-22's, the JSF and many others, plus the various upgrades they are doing on the side.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Aviator4000 said:
Also what good are 1,600 Air Force JSF's if S-37, MiG 1.42, and SU-37's take them out of the sky like they were in a turkey shoot?

Who's flying these aircraft? Those aircraft are prototypes or produced in very small numbers. The single most important aspect we still retain besides technology is the training of our aircrews. China is probably one of the few countries that might put up a resistance in the air with shear numbers. I thought the goal was to keep the enemy's airforce grounded, meaning destroying them on the ground. So is the F-22 really needed? I don't know. What I do know is the F-15 is something like 100-0 in the air-to-air arena. I'm sure that's a combination of superior aircraft and pilots fighting pilots not up to par. Though many of those kills were Mig-29's, an aircraft whose performance wise might be equal to the F-15 in many apsects.

Clux4

Banned
So you are one of the folks that believe in upgrade in what we have and reduce future spending. The last time i raised that point on this site, i was looked to as being stupid.

But somebody seems to think that French is much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.