• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boeing

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Weren’t we ferrying fuel out of there as a way to recoup?
That is probably not an option now, they aren't refining enough of their own so they have to import it now and they are running into problems doing that.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
So, you’re saying that only an MBA grad can have an informed opinion on whether a particular stock is a good buy or not. Dispute his reasoning if you disagree.
He managed to repeat and contradict himself in the same post, while not making any sense from a financial analysis perspective, all based on his "data facts". There isnt reasoning to dispute.

looks at profile

You're a bartender with a fine arts degree talking like you're an MBA grad when you claim you want to join a fraternity that values professional credibility above all else. Think on that before you post again.

And for the love of God, please tell me that's not a professional headshot as your avatar pic. This isn't LinkedIn.
I don’t think we will make much progress on this discussion so I’ll stop it here. Don’t assume things about others that you don’t know to be true, just giving my insight to a question.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That is probably not an option now, they aren't refining enough of their own so they have to import it now and they are running into problems doing that.
Um not really. You are talking the country supply. As wink alluded to countries will do a lot to ensure service. If they cant pay in dollars then there are reduced or eliminated landing fees in addition to paid in jet fuel. With the recent unrest the practice may have changed but even then it’s not like we ferry fuel on every flight. If I was more motivated I could look up some recent flight plans with fuel load but that would require more work on my part. And I’m on vacation.

We typically ferry fuel to a lot of Caribbean destinations so we don’t pay the extra costs there. Heck we even ferry domestically. It surprised me how much fuel we ferry out of Charlotte. We must have a pretty good discount there.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Um not really. You are talking the country supply. As wink alluded to countries will do a lot to ensure service. If they cant pay in dollars then there are reduced or eliminated landing fees in addition to paid in jet fuel...We typically ferry fuel to a lot of Caribbean destinations so we don’t pay the extra costs there. Heck we even ferry domestically. It surprised me how much fuel we ferry out of Charlotte. We must have a pretty good discount there.
I misunderstood what he was talking about. The country is running out of fuel though, which is ironic since they sit on the largest or second largest oil reserves in the world.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He managed to repeat and contradict himself in the same post, while not making any sense from a financial analysis perspective, all based on his "data facts". There isnt reasoning to dispute.
My objection to Nittany's post was more about his delivery than anything to do with Boeing's stock. No reason to beat the FNG about the head and shoulders (and mock his pic) over what amounts to a difference of opinion. It was poor form.

picklesuit

Living the GeoBachelor dream...
pilot
Contributor

Rough week for Boeing. Good on the Air Force for holding them accountable. Too bad the Navy won’t do this with the piece of shit contractors they hire to work on our ships. I found everything from hazmat to literally shit in V-2 and V-4 spaces while we were in the yards.

That’s on top of the sheer laziness I saw from the shipyard workers...

magnetfreezer

Rough week for Boeing. Good on the Air Force for holding them accountable. Too bad the Navy won’t do this with the piece of shit contractors they hire to work on our ships. I found everything from hazmat to literally shit in V-2 and V-4 spaces while we were in the yards.

Contractor/civilian depot in general hasn't been good...
Mattress/rags/tools in aircraft fuel tanks
Flaps fall off B-52 during FCF https://newsok.com/article/3724817/b-52-loses-flaps-during-test-takeoff-from-tinker-air-force-base
http://www.airforcemag.com/AircraftAccidentReports/Documents/2013/110112_B-52H_Tinker.pdf

KC-135 blown up (overpressurization) like a can of Pillsbury dough https://theaviationgeekclub.com/time-kc-135-stratotanker-aircraft-exploded-failed-pressure-test/
RC-135 oxygen fire https://www.cnn.com/2015/08/27/politics/loose-nut-air-force-crash/
JSTARS fuel tank rupture https://www.military.com/defensetech/2012/01/27/a-basic-mistake-that-trashed-a-jstars

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

One of the T-39 pilots at VT-86 was medically retired when he shattered both ankles punching out of an A-6. The depot folks didn't connect the horizontal stab correctly and he went vertical right after takeoff and couldn't recover. The pilot said the civilian responsible got a one day suspension.

Another one was my buddy was the OpsO for the Jax depot, he was on the first flight for a Prowler after depot and the HSI/Attitude display started sliding out of the slot as the pilot pulled back on the stick and the pilot had to hold it in as they took off.