• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Body Armor vs Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

None
RevnR6 said:
That is exactly why I want to do those tests. The maker of the Hard plates I have claims that if there is a soft plate(made of kevlar or other ballistic material) in front of it and a soft armor of level 2 or greater behind it, it will be level 3 protection. I shall see. If all of that fails to stop the 7.62X39 then I am going to ditch the hard plates all together and just go with soft trauma plates since they are easier to move in and more concealable.

If your trying to stop Rifle Rounds concealable is not really an option. Entry Vests that you see SWAT/ESU wearing are the standard to stopping a rifle round. Alot of departments have taken to throwing a ceramic plate vest in the trunks of cruisers and cars for when they serve high risk warrants, but those are ment to be worn outside the uniform and in addition to the Level IIIA vest that the officers typically wear. Either way if you trying to be able to throw anything short of a parka over top of it and call it concealable your not going to accomplish that goal.

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
Yeah I hear ya, I am not really worried much about stopping rifle rounds in all reality, I am just wondering if it will. Besides I hardly ever have occasion to wear my vest anymore, its just something to play with for me now. It will be interesting though to get my test going and see how all of the armor works against the different rounds, and to see how trauma plates(the ballistic ones, not just the ones made to stop blunt hits) work.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
screst.jpg
FIREARMSTACTICAL.COM

try this .... http://www.firearmstactical.com/tactical.htm

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Lawman said:
Ryoukai,
Dont worry about the chest, the stomach is where I worry about taking a round. Thats where your kidneys, liver, gall bladder are and if you hit one of those the likely hood of dying from infection caused by all the toxins being released into your body goes way up. Remember the human body originally walked on all fours, standing upright was a bad idea because it exposes all our organs.

Well, getting hit anywhere seems like a poor idea. I was thinking about the lungs as they, well, you know, help me breathe.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ryoukai said:
Well, getting hit anywhere seems like a poor idea. I was thinking about the lungs as they, well, you know, help me breathe.

Any of your major organs are a no-no when getting shot :icon_smil

Status
Not open for further replies.