• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue to Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You realize that flying jobs for commissioned officers in the Army are pretty much nil. Those guys fly the bare minimum to stay legally current and for the most part leave the air ops to their warrants. I knew 3 guys in primary and one in the FRS, all jumped to the Navy because they were tired of "doing paperwork, all day, everyday".

If you really want to find stuff out about it, Navy Times did a cover story on it about 2 weeks ago.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nothing in combat arms, from what i understand. Mostly they want people who already have technical skills in something that transfers over. The enlisted side is really who they are courting. EX, Gunner's Mates can go to Artillery, Corpsmen to Medic, Boatswain's Mates to the Warrant small boat program...like I said, go to Navy Times and check it out.

"Keeping your options open"??? did you have a bad hop or something? nothing can be THAT bad dude....I work on an Army base now and I am dying to finish this course and move on, this place is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.