• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blended Metal Bullets

H20man

Drill baby drill!
This stuff is pretty sweet.

Here is some limited research I could find with my at sea internet connection.
I had seen a video a while back, this stuff is pretty sweet.

http://www.militarycity.com/blackwater/blackwater2.html#BLENDED
-pictures and video

http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=361
-has some pretty good links

Talk about turning up the lethality of your ammo.
From what I had read back at home it seems the DOD does'nt want to use it for various different reasons

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
It's just a light jacketed bullet. The crap about it "sensing the temperature" of a human and expanding is complete bull****.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
H20man said:
This stuff is pretty sweet.

From what I had read back at home it seems the DOD does'nt want to use it for various different reasons

Yeah that pesky Geneva conventions getting in the way, you cannot carry any hollowpoint blended etc ammo, it is against the rules of civilized warfare. Granted we are not fighting a civilized foe nor will we in the foreseeable future but we still follow the rules.

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
Nah dude, we're fighting a civilized foe, they're just wrong. I think we have to get that straight, otherwise we'll never really win. The Geneva conventions are nice to have, but if it doesn't apply to you with a knife fighting another dude with a knife, it shouldn't be a moral rule. Would you gouge eyes, pull hair, stab the guy in the throat even if he surrenders? So would I. Some of the fine products of this country's culture prove that civilized doesn't equal sane or moral.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
Yeah that pesky Geneva conventions getting in the way, you cannot carry any hollowpoint blended etc ammo, it is against the rules of civilized warfare. Granted we are not fighting a civilized foe nor will we in the foreseeable future but we still follow the rules.

I think it's actually a Hague Convention thing. No 'dum-dum' bullets.