• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Training plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTIGirlVR6

Alright ...let's talk about the PFT...or PRT if you so choose... :) Which of y'all has the best plan to get in the BEST shape in the quickest amount of time?

C'mon lets face it we all want to be the best so..share what you've got! :D

FlyinHigh

well from reading your other post(s) it looks as if you are going Marines. Therefore it would be the PFT, and have nothing to do with the PRT. Best advice is... well for guys do pullups often like everyday, im guessing do the same with the arm hang thingy. Run on a treadmill or on a track at like 1/2 miles at a time at at least like a 7:00 min/mile pace, then walk for 1/2 mile, repeat this for however long you want to run. And the crunches, well you know your own body on those, they are easy to gain in numbers quickly.

d_bossart

The way to get your run time down the fastest is to run intervals. Go to the track and run 800 meters (2 laps) all out, then walk half a lap and then do it again. If you can get yourself up to 6 of these, you will be set. HOWEVER, you need to be extremely careful when doing speed workouts because you can injure yourself (ie get horrible shin splints). So make sure your body is use to running at least 25 miles a week before starting speed workout's. Upper body strength is achieved simply by lifting weights. The OCS website use to have a circuit workout posted for candidates that was extremely helpful. Circuits- 10 pull ups, 20 pushups, 30 sit ups, 60 step ups, 30 dips, 20 bends and thrusts back to back without a break. This was the upper level male circuit workout. Do this 3 times in a row = 1 circuit (without a break in between). You then take a 1-2 min break between circuit 1 and 2 etc. Between doing the circuit workouts 3 times a week and a solid running routine, virtually anybody can get in the shape required. Also, ask your OSO about boots because you need to run in them to toughen your feet up. I hope I didnt confuse you.

kevin

interval work is really important, although it's much more to improve your oxygen efficiency than leg efficiency (stride length/frequency). if your legs are the limiting factor, do lots of long runs (fartleks) and try improving your stride by running hills and doing sprints...and learn to run on the balls of your feet like the kenyans. upper body strength...powerlifting. there is no equal. i could only do about 80 pushups (in 2 minutes) back in early college...after 2 years of powerlifting (and no pushups) it's up to about 140. not a popular thing for girls, but hey...it's the 21st century. good luck.

p.s. is that picture of you? (no d bossart, not you).....if so i'd like to serve in the marine corps (would make a dandy recruiting poster, dont you think?).

GTIGirlVR6

Hmm..I'll have to try it out for a time. I can always use a variation on the routine workout!!

Lol that picture of me was my temp. avatar until I could find something "cooler" ....its not a great MARINE CORPS pic...not enough sweat and mud involved

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Also, and it probably goes without saying, the best way I've found to burn fat and therefore make it easier to run faster/farther, is to drink ice cold water while you do anything physical...running, pushups, situps, etc etc. After Christmas break last year, I started drinking more water than "necessary" while working out, and dropped literally 10 pounds of body fat in less than 8 days. Needless to say, that made everything else I did quite a bit easier.

I also have to concur with Kevin that pictures like that make me think a bit more about the Corps. :icon_what

Status
Not open for further replies.