• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

being selected for Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
yea 46shrivel, we're the c & c tricks at cas, but 350 other days out of the year we're shooting, terfing, and flying TACTICALLY into zones much teenier than the acreage you guys use... UH hit all the wickets baby!

and jarjarbinkshead, what do you know about stick and rudder, huh? ya jet geek!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Ah, to be a boot and lack a sense of perspective again... The truth is that to be a good pilot in any airframe is demanding. The front load demands of assault may be be less for a starting H2P, but as one progresses, you have to be a student of tactics and integration. There are a lot more assault Air Mission Commanders than skid AMCs. It works out pretty even in the end. Don't try to get in a contest over who's more "tactical" when all you've seen is a tiny porthole view of Marine air.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can we find some jet guys to argue with now?
Or better yet let's pick on the DASC they really suck

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
Could be worse, you could have a psuedo-marine squid retread flying with you into the zone. Talk about the tactically impaired. What are the odds of getting some time off after selection to purchase a house before starting the RAG? And is there any truth to the scuttlebutt that you find out your squadron and its deployment cycle when you select out of the HT's? And if anybody has purchased a home recently on either coast and could crush my dream about a no money down affordable home loan please feel free.

mattwieand

Back to the origional question!

I think that this all started with "What are the odds that if I go helos I will select Cobras?" Look, you don't select, you are selected; unless you are #1 and as per tradition you get what you want. You fill out your dream sheet and if you're lucky you get selected to your first choice. It's really all about the needs of the Marine Corps and I get so sick and tired of the "what about me and what I want" attitude you see from some people at selection time. There will always be a healthy rivaly between jet and helo guys and cobra and 46 guys and Hornett and Harrier guys, but in the end the mission doesn't get done with out all of us! Do the best that you can throughout all of your training and if you get what you want thats great, but if you don't there is no excuse for bitterness or slacking off because at the end of the day the Lance Corporal with the M-16 is trusting his life to you and he deserves your best!

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
mattwieand said:
It's really all about the needs of the Marine Corps and I get so sick and tired of the "what about me and what I want" attitude you see from some people at selection time. and if you get what you want thats great, but if you don't there is no excuse for bitterness or slacking off because at the end of the day the Lance Corporal with the M-16 is trusting his life to you and he deserves your best!
If you are a jet guy you have no buisness on this forum. You are however correct but untactful as usual Wieand. By the way that Lcpl will EAS before you get into the fight. I am back in the air for RI's and life sucks I want to strangle the guy you wrote the AIM. Must have been a lawyer. Go Yankees!
Give me a call sometimeand wow me with your stroies from FL(enter rediculous number here). :icon_wink

mattwieand

Tact, shmact. Tactfulness is for weenies! Maybe that LCPL will EAS by the time I drop my first 2000 pounder, but there will be others just like him! Besides, towbubba, you of all people should know when I see "Cobra" I salivate! You didn't actually think that I could resist, did you. Oh and by the way that is FL410 at .85 MACH, not being out run by auto traffic when headed westbound! (Sorry, I had to get my shot in!)

Status
Not open for further replies.