• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Being competitive for Sta21 fy 21

Hello All,

just took ASTB just to get my feet wet and i ended up qualifying! however scores are pretty mediocre... For some back story im about to compete my first tour as an IS and only have a couple evals and no college under my belt. my thought process is to apply with what i got and maybe retest after an application or two. just looking for other ways to get ahead or an honest opinion on where i stand with my scores, thank you!
OAR 50
AQR 5
PFAR 5
FOFAR 5
SAT 1130

AROBLES93

Underdog
Hello All,

just took ASTB just to get my feet wet and i ended up qualifying! however scores are pretty mediocre... For some back story im about to compete my first tour as an IS and only have a couple evals and no college under my belt. my thought process is to apply with what i got and maybe retest after an application or two. just looking for other ways to get ahead or an honest opinion on where i stand with my scores, thank you!
OAR 50
AQR 5
PFAR 5
FOFAR 5
SAT 1130
Being active duty it will definitely be hard to complete your degree but honestly you have a better chance at finishing your degree and applying through OCS.
I imagine you’re trying to apply for aviation? If so those scores are pretty low. For OCS it’s actually 5/6/6 is qualifying but I guess STA21 is different.
Definitely hit the ground running once you get to your next command though. Get all your qualifications and warfare devices ASAP and start some college!

AROBLES93

Underdog
P
Hello All,

OAR 50
AQR 5
PFAR 5
FOFAR 5
SAT 1130
personally have seen way too many great sailors get passes up on STA21 since there just isn’t good opportunities for anything besides Nuke

exNavyOffRec

Hello All,

OAR 50
AQR 5
PFAR 5
FOFAR 5
SAT 1130

Here are the ways to be competitive for STA-21
  1. be a nuke applying for STA-21
  2. be a nuke applying for STA-21
  3. finish a bunch of college classes with a high GPA, then pray, like a lot, since historically only 15 out of 50 spots go to those that are not nukes.