• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Becoming navy officer with MA in Architecture.

llRedll

I am planning to join Navy as commissioned officer. I have a masters degree in Architecture however I am open to any career path especially information technology.
I welcome any advice in what direction to take.
Also, can I study for another degree such as BA in computer engineering while being a commissioned officer?
How much say do I have in where I would be stationed?
Also, I heard MEPs can potentially disqualify you from joining. How soon after MEPs do I Join Navy? My plan is to give my boss couple moths notice in advance prior to joining however if I don't pass MEPS I dont want to be stuck without a job. Any advice in regards to that?
Also, I am originally from Russia. Been living in the states 16 years and always wanted to join the military and serve my new home country. Would my background be problematic in the navy or an advantage?
Thanks for any input!
Sergei

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am planning to join Navy as commissioned officer. I have a masters degree in Architecture however I am open to any career path especially information technology.
I welcome any advice in what direction to take.
Also, can I study for another degree such as BA in computer engineering while being a commissioned officer?
How much say do I have in where I would be stationed?
Also, I heard MEPs can potentially disqualify you from joining. How soon after MEPs do I Join Navy? My plan is to give my boss couple moths notice in advance prior to joining however if I don't pass MEPS I dont want to be stuck without a job. Any advice in regards to that?
Also, I am originally from Russia. Been living in the states 16 years and always wanted to join the military and serve my new home country. Would my background be problematic in the navy or an advantage?
Thanks for any input!
Sergei

Lots of good questions, all of which can be answered by contacting a local officer recruiter. If you don't know how, go to the navy.com website to find out how.

Are you a naturalized citizen? If the answer is no, then officer programs will not work out...

llRedll

Lots of good questions, all of which can be answered by contacting a local officer recruiter. If you don't know how, go to the navy.com website to find out how.

Are you a naturalized citizen? If the answer is no, then officer programs will not work out...

Yes I have been a naturalized citizen since day 1. I realize I would have to renounce my citizenship or any ties with Russia. I also already spoke with Officer recruiter twice and only got partial answers which is why I joined this forum.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Yes I have been a naturalized citizen since day 1. I realize I would have to renounce my citizenship or any ties with Russia. I also already spoke with Officer recruiter twice and only got partial answers which is why I joined this forum.

Set up a meeting, as in "in person" with the OR to get these questions fielded out. Find out more about programs/careers and the application process. You eventually will need to meet up with an officer recruiter in order to submit an application...