• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

bukarest01

Hello, I'm a student from Austria and I would like to become a U.S. navy pilot, which requires me to become a navy officer. That of course requires me to attain a U.S. citizenship, which I don't have. Now, before I go on trying to do that, I would like to ask if there are any navy officers of foreign origin or other experts out there who would be willing to share experience and information on the topic. If there are other ways to become a navy pilot as a not-yet U.S. citizen, let me know!

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello, I'm a student from Austria and I would like to become a U.S. navy pilot, which requires me to become a navy officer. That of course requires me to attain a U.S. citizenship, which I don't have. Now, before I go on trying to do that, I would like to ask if there are any navy officers of foreign origin or other experts out there who would be willing to share experience and information on the topic. If there are other ways to become a navy pilot as a not-yet U.S. citizen, let me know!

Willkommen!

I'm sure one of the recruiters on the site will chime in shortly, but you will definitely need to become a US citizen prior to becoming a Navy officer, regardless of your desired job specialty.

bukarest01

Willkommen!

I'm sure one of the recruiters on the site will chime in shortly, but you will definitely need to become a US citizen prior to becoming a Navy officer, regardless of your desired job specialty.
I know. But maybe there's a faster way for me to become a citizen when i state my intentions to serve once I become a US citizen so i dont have to go through the year long process of getting a green card, waiting for this, applying for that...

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know. But maybe there's a faster way for me to become a citizen when i state my intentions to serve once I become a US citizen so i dont have to go through the year long process of getting a green card, waiting for this, applying for that...
Sorry, I should've been more clear in my last post. There aren't any accelerated citizenship programs for aspiring officers. You can enlist as a lawful permanent resident (with a green card), but that only covers certain enlisted jobs.

Paging @RecruitingGuru or @NavyOffRec for any details I might have missed.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

You need a U.S. citizenship in order to apply. This cannot be waived, sorry.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Hell yeah there's a faster way !!! Get your ass down to the U.S. / Mexican border. Find yourself a coyote to help smuggle you across and before long, you'll have more benefits (and maybe even more) than you'll know what to do with !!!

edit: just being a smart ass, not disparaging you personally :)

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Hell yeah there's a faster way !!! Get your ass down to the U.S. / Mexican border. Find yourself a coyote to help smuggle you across and before long, you'll have more benefits (and maybe even more) than you'll know what to do with !!!

edit: just being a smart ass, not disparaging you personally :)
Just be prepared to drink toilet water... ? It’s not quite as good as toilet wine.. ?

Pags

N/A
pilot
I'm no immigration expert but you might want to look in to hiring someone who is to determine the best path to citizenship. However, I'd also consider looking in to going to college in the States because there are age limits on becoming a Naval Aviator and I'd reckon that a student visa might be an easy path to residency and having an American degree would help your application.

sickboy

pilot

I know of at two off the top of my head. One was my FRS instructor, born and raised in Romania. The other is one of my onwings, born and raised in Nepal. It's certainly doable, but I think citizenship is probably the biggest hurdle. Are you here yet or are you still in Austria?

bukarest01

I know of at two off the top of my head. One was my FRS instructor, born and raised in Romania. The other is one of my onwings, born and raised in Nepal. It's certainly doable, but I think citizenship is probably the biggest hurdle. Are you here yet or are you still in Austria?
Still in Austria