• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP pay

Lovell95

I’m just curious how long it normally takes after accepting your contract. It’s been a week so far and just curious how soon or later I’ll start getting paid, so I can put my two weeks into my job.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I’m just curious how long it normally takes after accepting your contract. It’s been a week so far and just curious how soon or later I’ll start getting paid, so I can put my two weeks into my job.

1. It can take weeks (notice the plural part), if not a month or more. Your recruiter will be a good POC to ensure the paperwork / process goes through.
2. Why do you need to quit your current job?

Lovell95

1. It can take weeks (notice the plural part), if not a month or more. Your recruiter will be a good POC to ensure the paperwork / process goes through.
2. Why do you need to quit your current job?
Wasn’t sure if I could work at current job while still getting a pay check from bdcp.

Congrats on BDCP! It’s an awesome program, and the benefits of active time in college totally helped me at retirement (I was NUPOC, but it’s similar).

My info is probably out of date now, but unless you really NEED the money, quit your job now. Like, today. Focus on keeping your grades up, and if you’re confident you can do that, enjoy the last year or two of college; you won’t get those years back.

Again, my info is dated, but…as long as you keep your grades up and your nose clean (no police involvement, things that might jeopardize your clearance), the Navy doesn’t care if you have a job, study abroad for a semester, or grow a weird 21-yo guy’s beard. Don’t FU this chance, but within that boundary enjoy yourself. Your recruiter should be able to answer any “can I have a job, grow a mustache, go to bars once I’m 21?” questions in more detail.

Lovell95

Congrats on BDCP! It’s an awesome program, and the benefits of active time in college totally helped me at retirement (I was NUPOC, but it’s similar).

My info is probably out of date now, but unless you really NEED the money, quit your job now. Like, today. Focus on keeping your grades up, and if you’re confident you can do that, enjoy the last year or two of college; you won’t get those years back.

Again, my info is dated, but…as long as you keep your grades up and your nose clean (no police involvement, things that might jeopardize your clearance), the Navy doesn’t care if you have a job, study abroad for a semester, or grow a weird 21-yo guy’s beard. Don’t FU this chance, but within that boundary enjoy yourself. Your recruiter should be able to answer any “can I have a job, grow a mustache, go to bars once I’m 21?” questions in more detail.
Thank you for the information and advice! I think my wife is going to veto the weird 21-yo guy beard haha Seems like I should focus on school and get a paid internship at the shipyard.

Zook

Took me about 6 weeks (2-3 pay cycles) after signing initial documents/enlisting

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Thank you for the information and advice! I think my wife is going to veto the weird 21-yo guy beard haha Seems like I should focus on school and get a paid internship at the shipyard.
I was a BDCPer before they cut it off (commissioned Dec09). Glad to see it’s back.

Went on a cruise, filed to take leave and all that, they never submitted it. Would not have been any issue with getting a side job. Was called in once unplanned on short notice for a command-wide urinalysis, and they even worked with me allowing me to drop by the local enlistment office rather than make a trip to the NRD (about an hour from where I lived). Otherwise, As long as you stick to the plan you submitted, make the required contacts per your OR (mine was an email twice a month and grades when I got them) and manage to run 1.5 miles twice a year, G2G until OCS was my experience.