• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Pay, How much and when

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoconnor

Hey everyone I have a question regarding BDCP. On the 5th of Feb I was sworn in for NFO and BDCP. My recruiter said my BDCP started that day, further, I filled out tax forms, direct deposit info, etc.

I am wondering when I will recieve my first paycheck and how often I will get paid. Also, to they tax the hell out of you? If so, do they just tax the pay and not the BHA?

Thanks in advance for any useful input.

-Adam O

solenita72

SWO Wife
It sometimes takes a month after filling out the paperwork before you will see your first paycheck.
Also, you will get paid on the 1st and 15th of every month at your payrate E-? They tax you based on your exemptions and only on your base pay not BAH or BAS. You will be back paid to the day you enlisted.

aoconnor

Ouch, you mean to get off of a waitlist, or to recieve your first check (after giving them your routing info)?

jaerose

Yeah, their slow, but you get all the money you're entitled to. Also, your AGI for tax purposes isn't that high as BAH etc. isn't taxable income, so you'll probably get most if not all of your taxes back. Hurry up an get a referral into the program for a promotion to E-4, then hit dean's list twice in a row (3.5 for the Navy) and get another promotion to E-5. Also, you're entitled to enroll in the TSP, which is the Navy's retirement plan, so I would do that immediately so you can start investing passively. I max it out, but that might not be for everyone. I find I don't miss the 8% of my income, so that helps. Well, hope that was helpful...good luck.

SG

My wife was sworn on 4/5/2001 and got paid on 4/15. It all depends on how good the people at the NRD and servicing PSD are. Be persistent, it’s your money, you have a right to call and find out where it is and don’t accept excuses.

calpolyjoey

I was sworn in for DEP 27th of September 02. Then I was chosen for BDCP on the 27th of Nov 02 but didn't get sworn in for BDCP until 17th of December. It took me a while to get my money (01 February) but it sure is great to finaly be getting paid to go to school. I have been strugling to make car payments and earn enough money for food etc. and now I can relax!!! It took NRD a long time to get the paper work figured out, and I would caution anyone against being too pushy, probably better to stay calm and realize you don't want to piss anyone off. Ofcourse my girlfriend didn't feel that way! Anyone with an OCS class day of 23 August 03?? I was chosen for SNA and am very interested in meeting others with the same date!

Joe

jaerose

Not Aug. 23, but Aug. 2, so I'll have three weeks on you. Yeah, BDCP is a GREAT program. I'll have 3 years in Aug. 9, 2003, which is one week into OCS. That means when I'm commissioned I'll be maxe out at 0-1 pay (now over 2700/month). Not bad, eh?

JR

calpolyjoey

Not bad JR..... Did you get a referal up to E-4 or deans list two semesters for E-5? I am attending a school that is on the quarter system and am wondering if two quarters is the same as two semesters??

Joe

"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and unsafe."

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Actually, I was credited with JR's referral. I also got deans list. So, I am at E-5, I believe JR is stuck at E-4 because he hasn't gotten a referral yet.

D-mac

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Referral? Who do you need a referral from and who does the referral go to? Maybe I should already know this, but I am totally clueless as to what you're talking about.

thanks

solenita72

SWO Wife
No, if someone pursues the program because you have "sold" it to them, when they are accepted into BDCP you are promoted to E-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.