• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase8710

I am just about ready to send my package off for BDCP Intel. I'm a sophmore in college and I am applying for OCS in fiscal year 07. My recruiter said an OAR of 50 is a competitive score for Intel, but as I browse through this forum I see many people with higher scores than that. So i figure if 50 is competitive, there must be a lot of men applying with low 40's and high 30's on the OAR. Nevertheless, my stats are these....not looking for advice, just use as a comparison to yalls.
GPA: 3.24
OAR: 49
4/4/5

Double Major: Political Science / History
LOR: Navy Intel Commander, Two college Professors, Minister, and two former work employers

Wish me luck because my package definatly does not stand out........Good luck to everybody else out there going for Intel and other positions as well

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I applied for Supply, Intel, and Crypto with 52, 4/5/4, 3.7 GPA in Business Management, and got non-selected for Intel and Crypto, pro-rec'ed for Supply. That may be helpful in predicting your chances...are you interested in any other communities?

Chase8710

Yes I am. I applied for Supply as well. One of my most recent jobs was that I was a night manager at a BBQ restuarant for a year and I enjoyed it. So I also am applying for Supply. The only down side to my chances with Supply though is that my majors are poly sci and history, nothing in business. O well, We will see what happens in the next few weeks.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I think you'll be okay with those majors. I don't think it matters as much to the Supply Corps...I know it matters to the Intel community, my recruiter said he didn't really predict any non-Intel/Political Science majors getting an Intel slot, so you might have a decent shot there, but I really think you look pretty strong for Supply. It does seem to be the least selective of the communities, but I think that may be attributed to the fact that it has a lot more slots than any other community to fill.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I don't know why no has done it yet, but why hasn't the "Stats and scores" thread been given a "sticky" yet, it would help all this cats that want to compare stats.

Logico

Chase8710 said:
I am just about ready to send my package off for BDCP Intel. I'm a sophmore in college and I am applying for OCS in fiscal year 07. My recruiter said an OAR of 50 is a competitive score for Intel, but as I browse through this forum I see many people with higher scores than that. So i figure if 50 is competitive, there must be a lot of men applying with low 40's and high 30's on the OAR. Nevertheless, my stats are these....not looking for advice, just use as a comparison to yalls.
GPA: 3.24
OAR: 49
4/4/5

Double Major: Political Science / History
LOR: Navy Intel Commander, Two college Professors, Minister, and two former work employers

Wish me luck because my package definatly does not stand out........Good luck to everybody else out there going for Intel and other positions as well

Chase8710,

Check out my post at http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9977

Your stats are better than mine and I got in. But as I state in my post I think that stats are not the only thing that matter. The navy intel commander letter is your best asset. I met with an LCDR Intel and his recommendation probably mattered the most for my packet.

Status
Not open for further replies.