• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP aviation spots 2004 and 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey yall, after taking the ASTB this week I learned that entrance into BDCP (aviation) for fiscal year 2004 is temporarily closed. They have to see how many slots have already been given out and how many still remain, or something to that effect. Does anyone know whether this applies to fiscal year 2005 also? According to my recruiter they may not start looking at application packages again until September or October. Waiting that long to hear anything will take some MAJOR patience.

In addition, I also heard from my recruiter that the standards for ATSB scores were raised last year. Anyone recently accepted who wouldn't mind sharing their scores? I did well but I'm not sure if it will be enough to get me in. I know I can retake it next month but I wanted to get some feedback as to what scores are good enough to get in.

My stats-
AQR 7
PFAR 6
OAR 57

Does anyone out there know something I don't???

geerst

Bcgeib,

Your ASTB scores are just a bit below the cutoff. Since about August 2002, the scores needed for aviation are OAR - 6, PFAR/FFAR - 7. You should retest.

As for BDCP, I think selections for FY-04 and FY-05 will occur long before September. Right now, BDCP slots are unfilled; that is, lots of money going unused. One thing the military does not like to do is not use their allotted money. BDCP selections will ramp up.

Good luck to you. OPO

JoeAE2005

What does "selections for FY 04 and 05" exactly mean? Does it mean that BDCP slots will open in 2004 and 2005 for anyone? Or does it mean that Slots for students who graduate in 04 and 05 (meaning sophomores and juniors in college) will be available? I'm a bit confused about this.

Also, do you think the southeast (ie: florida) will get any more BDCP slots open? Since i'm a sophomore, does that mean that FY 05 slots will need to open, since i graduated in 05?

If someone could clear this up for me, I'm a bit confused. Also, thanks for the information geerst!

-Joe

NuSnake

bcgeib---hell you beat the hell out of my ASTB scores..hahaha. Man. But hey, geerst says to retake and improve that score....go for it man, especially if theres BDCP money layin around that theyre dyin to give out.....and I'll tell you from experience, that check every month is SWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!
Keep pushin man, itll all work out

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

jrklr

thanks for clearing that up Geerst. that first post had me scared. I had heard the same thing that you have reported from my recruiter too.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
geerst-

thanks for the advice. my recruiter just had me scared that selections would not re-open for a long time. glad to hear that is not the case. as for retesting, i think i can improve and will keep on trying until i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.