• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Barrel chop with a can

AULANI

Has anyone had the barrel chopped on their AR to accommodate a can? I did some measurements on my rifle (the pic I posted) and I think if I chop the barrel short enough I can still fit a can inside the hand guard.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This honestly isn't meant as a snarky response... I would google the type of rail and can you're trying to do it with. What you're trying to do seems to be an obsession with a lot of people and I think there's all kinds of fitting dimensions out there that will help you see if you can do it.

Just keep in mind that depending on the type of can, you will still have to be able to lock it into place, which can be tough if the latch is under the rail.

AULANI

This honestly isn't meant as a snarky response... I would google the type of rail and can you're trying to do it with. What you're trying to do seems to be an obsession with a lot of people and I think there's all kinds of fitting dimensions out there that will help you see if you can do it.

Just keep in mind that depending on the type of can, you will still have to be able to lock it into place, which can be tough if the latch is under the rail.
Well I was thinking of just getting the can pinned on to keep it from being an SBR.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Be aware that if you're trying to fit a suppressor under a rail, it'll get hot as shit after a pretty limited number of rounds. That fad kind of started going away circa 2014ish.