• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Barclay Gold Mastercard

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
$995 annual fee waived for military, $200/year airline credit, global entry credit, different lounge system than AMEX Platinum, and get $1000 statement credit if you spend $3k in first 3 months. ZERO percent interest (Sailorbob is saying this includes balance transfers with NO transfer fee, unconfirmed by myself)

Discovered through Sailorbob, ton of info (have to log in to view):

http://www.sailorbob.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7711

They say they will get back to you via mail, but call this number and you will be approved immediately: 866-408-4064.

You will then have to call the military help desk M-F, 8-5EST to apply the SCRA benefit: 866-918-5212.

Good luck!

azguy

None
ZERO percent interest (Sailorbob is saying this includes balance transfers with NO transfer fee, unconfirmed by myself)

If you dig into their terms, it looks like 0% APR is an introductory offer for the first 15 months. The 0% balance transfer offer is good for 45 days (3% fee thereafter). But someone please correct me if a rep tells you differently. But hey, if you pay your balance off every month it doesn't matter.

Still, given that they are kind enough to waive the annual fee for active duty, the introductory offer is essentially $1k of free travel money (if you are in a position to spend $3k in 90 days).

The lounge access looks OK; it's similar (if slightly less beneficial) to the coverage offered by AMEX Plat for the airports I frequent.

BigRed389

None
$995 annual fee waived for military, $200/year airline credit, global entry credit, different lounge system than AMEX Platinum, and get $1000 statement credit if you spend $3k in first 3 months. ZERO percent interest (Sailorbob is saying this includes balance transfers with NO transfer fee, unconfirmed by myself)

Discovered through Sailorbob, ton of info (have to log in to view):

http://www.sailorbob.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7711

They say they will get back to you via mail, but call this number and you will be approved immediately: 866-408-4064.

You will then have to call the military help desk M-F, 8-5EST to apply the SCRA benefit: 866-918-5212.

Good luck!

Yeah just got one. Process went exactly as you described it.

I think Amex Platinum actually has better rewards/benefits, but I look at this as a no fee, 2% cash back card with a $1000 introductory offer.

Makes a pretty sweet sound when you plunk it down too. :D

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
If you dig into their terms, it looks like 0% APR is an introductory offer for the first 15 months. The 0% balance transfer offer is good for 45 days (3% fee thereafter). But someone please correct me if a rep tells you differently. But hey, if you pay your balance off every month it doesn't matter.

Just got off the phone with the military rep. O% interest on new charges and transfers is indefinite and not introductory. Spouse card is also fee-free, but you have to have the card in your possession before you apply.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Anyone still using this card? I've got some inherited balances I'd like to consolidate and 0% APR sounds fantastic.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep! The 0% APR still applies. They charge a 3% fee on balance transfers, but no APR on either balance transfers or any charges. I also got my first "luxury gift" about a month ago, which was a gold plated Cross pen with my name engraved on it. Not something I'd ever buy for myself, but free stuff is free stuff.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Thanks, a one time 3% fee sounds better than the 12% APR I'm spending now.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Not exactly a credit card offer but something to consider is the ability to lock down your credit so nobody, repeat nobody, can open an account in your name. Just got a letter in the mail saying I had been rejected for a Sears department store credit card due to the inability to run a credit check - I have never applied for a Sears credit card.....

Experian offers the service - I would expect TransUnion and Equifax to offer something similar. Identity theft is something none of us want to go through.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I'm mainly looking for 0% interest forever, which seems to be what the Barclays is offering.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I'm mainly looking for 0% interest forever, which seems to be what the Barclays is offering.

I just did a USAA 0 fee/0% balance transfer until Dec 2017. It may have been targeted though. The option showed up on the USAA homepage. I threw the 8k into Lending Club notes which are averaging about 10%, which makes for a decent spread.