• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BAH while doing OHARP?

Birdbrain

pilot
So I called a YN1 at my NRD about BAH/BAS, he said you don't get anything besides base pay during OHARP because "you aren't gained by the NRD, you are only here temporarily". I'm going to do some more digging and see if I can cross reference that answer.

If true that's a big bummer.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So I called a YN1 at my NRD about BAH/BAS, he said you don't get anything besides base pay during OHARP because "you aren't gained by the NRD, you are only here temporarily". I'm going to do some more digging and see if I can cross reference that answer.

If true that's a big bummer.
Refer to previous post. Good luck.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I got partial BAH when I was on OHARP (~$700 a month) FWIW. Not sure what the actual justification for that was though.

Birdbrain

pilot
Still digging. Called a YNC a couple days ago at my NRD this time, got the answer that he's talking to PSD about it and currently I don't have BAH/BAS but I should be getting both. He said he'll get back to me. I'll check back in when I have a final answer.

I have not yet begun to fight (for my allowances)!

Last edited:

Birdbrain

pilot
Alright. I got my LES and contacted the YNC again to get everything straightened out. You do get both BAH and BAS while on OHARP. However, my BAH while on OHARP is below the BAH for my area but also above BAH RC/T so I really don't understand what kind of BAH it is. Point is you get BAH. Hope this solves some headaches.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Alright. I got my LES and contacted the YNC again to get everything straightened out. You do get both BAH and BAS while on OHARP. However, my BAH while on OHARP is below the BAH for my (TEMPORARY DUTY) area but also above BAH RC/T so I really don't understand what kind of BAH it is. Point is you get BAH. Hope this solves some headaches.
FIFY. It makes sense that you get your normal entitlement (BAH & BAS). More than likely it's BAH from your previous duty station. (Newport O-1 BAH is $1,467). BAS is a fixed rate regardless of location.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That sounds like BAH2 (Electric Bugaloo). It's a lesser BAH that's used at various times, including computing SELRES BAH when on short-term orders. I've forgotten the specifics on when and how it's used elsewhere.

adorofee

Y
BAH changes for individuals that are married or have dependents.
yes I understand that. But would someone who is married and has children lose BAH also? Unclear how rent is supposed to be paid in a lease already committed to before PCSing to new location if so.

AROBLES93

Underdog
Y

yes I understand that. But would someone who is married and has children lose BAH also? Unclear how rent is supposed to be paid in a lease already committed to before PCSing to new location if so.
Personnel with dependents will get BAH for their Home of Record ( or whatever they put down as that ) for their time at OCS and it will continue during OHARP.