• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BAH for priors during flight school

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Does anyone have input if it is easy to geobach in Pensacola? That will be my best bet for a while before my wife finishes her grad school and we can do the HHG move.

Also, is it easy to take leave if you're not in a class?

Does anyone have input if it is easy to geobach in Pensacola? That will be my best bet for a while before my wife finishes her grad school and we can do the HHG move.

Also, is it easy to take leave if you're not in a class?
What is a geobach and HHG move?

I have no idea on leave for the Navy or as an officer but almost no one could take leave during training even if it was while they waited for a course to start in the AF.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
What is a geobach and HHG move?

I have no idea on leave for the Navy or as an officer but almost no one could take leave during training even if it was while they waited for a course to start in the AF.
Geobach is just short for geographic bachelor which is a fancy way of describing someone stationed away from their family, normally the service member gets some kind of government procured quarters while drawing BAH for the location their family is staying. HHG is just short for household goods.

Sorry if I asked in the wrong place, was trying to get info about Navy. As I understand it there's a relatively significant amount of down time in Pensacola and I am already probably pretty close to my use or lose amount for leave.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Geobach is just short for geographic bachelor which is a fancy way of describing someone stationed away from their family, normally the service member gets some kind of government procured quarters while drawing BAH for the location their family is staying. HHG is just short for household goods.

Sorry if I asked in the wrong place, was trying to get info about Navy. As I understand it there's a relatively significant amount of down time in Pensacola and I am already probably pretty close to my use or lose amount for leave.
When you check in, see how long the wait is. If significant, see if you can go do OHARP wherever your wife is at until you class up.

Bill427

Temporary Corpus Christi resident

Geobach is possible in pensacola, I did it and just lived with classmates out in town- but other guys did the on-base barracks room deal. Whatever you decide, just make it known when you check in that your fam didnt accompany you. And keep checking after your LES's for the proper amount/zip code for BAH because mine was wrong.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
When you check in, see how long the wait is. If significant, see if you can go do OHARP wherever your wife is at until you class up.
That's a phenomenal idea, I'll have to look into that. It's Seattle area and I already know where the NTAG is so that's certainly doable.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Geobach is possible in pensacola, I did it and just lived with classmates out in town- but other guys did the on-base barracks room deal. Whatever you decide, just make it known when you check in that your fam didnt accompany you. And keep checking after your LES's for the proper amount/zip code for BAH because mine was wrong.
Good tip, but Navy pay and personnel doesn't really get pay messed up that often so I'm sure your case was just an outlier. /s