• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bachelors Degree Completion Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
quote:
I don't think this program is bad at all. If you know that you want to be a naval officer already, why waste your time to join ROTC then(unless if you got a scholarship).

Okay, I just have to make a comment here. You probably didn't mean it this way, but I want to say this anyway. While ROTC is not the most glamorous way to get a commission (and certainly not the most lucrative), there is a lot you get out of it that you won't get from OCS. The biggest thing is probably the summer cruise. If you go into it with the right attitude, you will learn so much that is never taught in a classroom.

It's funny to watch some (I say again, SOME, not all) OCS guys who are fresh out of OCS. I know this is kind of a downer post, sorry about that. Just wanted to add to the "waste time in ROTC" statement.

Devin

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You know, I'm not really sure what the total ROTC time does for you (if anything). But I do know that the 2 months of active duty time during cruises I have counts for time in service (but not for pay...damn you!!!!!! jk. :) ) Oh well, I'll just have to settle for 0-1 over two for a few more days until I get that nice juicy 0-2 pay.

Devin

Status
Not open for further replies.