• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BA in Criminal Justice

alfonso

"Guns UP"
Hello,
Kind of worried if i need to change my major? Does it matter if getting a BA in criminal justice to apply for intel officer? Will that rendor me in anyway? Thanks.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Was Phys Ed taken?

Criminal justice isn't going to help or hinder you in getting intel.

As always, choose a major that you are interested in, rather than searching for one the Navy likes, because a 3.8 in something you are good at and like speaks more than a 2.1 in something you suck at.

That said, the Nav always digs engineering and hard sciences in general, so if you like those, go for it. For intel, languages and such certainly don't hurt.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I was a CJ major. I know lots of other CJ majors, all pilots or FOs. So yeah, no problem.

exNavyOffRec

There is talk that the Program Authorization will be updated to specify technical majors required, knowing the speed the navy moves at who knows when it would take effect.

That being said the above about chosing something you are interested in is what I would say as well.