• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

B737

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike26

I was in Atsugi, Japan a couple of months ago; while I was there I saw a Navy B737. The crew that was flying it were in the Reserves out of Texas somewhere. They gave us a tour of the airplane, which is used for hauling passengers and other DVs. I was really impressed with the airplane. I have yet to see or hear of another one in the Navy. Does active duty Navy fly these jets or just the Reserves?

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
The VR squadrons are reserve squadrons, with mostly reservists, but there is a thing called "TAR" (Training something Reservist). This is where you take orders while on active duty to run the squadron during the week while the reservists are out flying for the airlines or golfing or whatever they do. It's a good chance for helo guys to get fixed wing time, although I've heard that it's become a lot more popular since 9/11 and thus harder to get spots. Someone who knows more about it could probably fill you in better.

Most VR squadrons fly the C-9 or DC-9, but they are slowly switching to the C-40A, which is what you saw in Japan. I think it's a Boeing 737-700 with 737-800 wings and a special cargo door.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Actually,
It's a 737-700 with a 757 wing and motors attached. Great airplane! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.