• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

B-1's and B-52's as flying arsenals of air to air missiles?

jmcquate

Contributor
Wasn't there a USAF exercise a few years back that had a Global Hawk loaded with 120s doing some significant damage to the red air? Or was I drinking to much again?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wasn't there a USAF exercise a few years back that had a Global Hawk loaded with 120s doing some significant damage to the red air? Or was I drinking to much again?

Either that or it was a computer exercise.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm going to leave you alone, because you're very difficult to have a discussion with. You've made some good points in this thread, but your adversarial demeanor makes the conversation unsatisfying.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Update out today. I couldn't find out if this is anything new or simply a rehash, but all the same, it is interesting.

http://www.scout.com/military/warrior/story/1650624-pentagon-arsenal-plane-to-fly-with-f-35-f-22?s=8

Still a good looking airplane.

7414115180_ee9efdfb0b_o_0.jpg

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It never ceases to crack me up when a Russian or Chinese design bureau sends out a press release/sales kit about their new product and these aviation nerd blogs promptly shit themselves. "The new (missile/plane/Sub/etc) is flawless and invincible! The designers say so! OH SWEET ZEUS' BUTTHOLE WHAT WILL WE DO?!"

- There are a lot of very smart people on both sides developing and fielding new technology all the time.
- Occasionally, just occasionally, mind, manufacturers talk up their product to boost sales, particularly in regards to their product's performance versus the competition.